Best RPG?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Gadm, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Gadm

Gadm Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Sorry if someone made a thread about this, but I didnt found it, if it exists please post the LINK.
    Anyway, I've been looking for an RPG game, I played Tibia for PC long ago and really enjoyed the MMORPG, I was wondering if it was a good RPG out there in the app store.
    I played Zenonia Lite and didnt got into it, if someone can tell why is so popular game so I can enjoy it.
    I was looking forward Underworlds or Chronicles of Inotia.
    any suggestions?

2. mrchennyken

mrchennyken Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    Zenonia is really in-depth and it's fun to level up and try to kill the enemies. :D There's a skill tree (which has passive and active skills, AWESOME) and three characters to choose from: Paladin, Assassin, and Warrior. Each of them have different skills and weapons and it's just fun!

3. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Zenonia, which IMO is just a semi-crappy cell phone port (oh, am I gonna get flamed for this :rolleyes:). All the other stuff... let's just say watching Batman and Robin (yeah, the Joel Schumacher one featuring Jim Carrey and Arn (no, not that arn)) would be more fun.

4. ENERTRON

ENERTRON Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    i like arvale and vay

arvale is prolly better of those two but they're both worth checkin out

5. Trotgar

Trotgar Well-Known Member

May 9, 2009
    If you have to choose between Inotia and Underworlds, go for UW. (It has a lite version now.)

6. Masmo

Masmo Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Overlord
    In your pants
    Underworlds, The Quest and Zenonia are pretty good. If you have problems with the controls in Zenonia Lite, they updated the full version with improved ones. Inotia is pretty bad, didn't like it at all.

7. teagan1000000

teagan1000000 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2008
    Zenonia is closest thing to zelda gba game, its fun and realy good, i think its still on sale for a buck,

8. inferi22

inferi22 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Zenonia is IMO one of the most polished games appstore with a feel to it that reminds you of the classic zelda games and the it adds some rpg element that give a sense that youre not just hacking away at enemies and the story and dialoue may not be that great compared to other console and portable RPGs but it blows every thing else on the appstore out of the water. The final reason is that compared to anything else on the appstore everything else has either awful controls, no story and unapealing graphics. This completely unbiased as I have owned and deleted almost every other rpg on the appstore while trying to find something like this.

9. weedeatinflyincougar

weedeatinflyincougar Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    if you're a hardcore RPGer then get the Quest,
    if you're just a casual gamer looking for an RPG, the get Zenonia and try out Underworlds lite.

10. inferi22

inferi22 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    I actually think it's more of an American to Asian rpg prefence as zenonia's the closest thing to a jrpg as quest is more like elder scrolls and underworlds is like diablo or runscape(don't burn me on this) it's really just your preferences

11. mebeswordguy

mebeswordguy Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2009
    IMO Zenonia is popular because of the graphics and gameplay amount. you would have to be on steroids to complete it in 40 hours :p
    but underworlds is also a good one

12. CaseyLay

CaseyLay Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    Zenonia, The Quest, and Underworlds define iPhone RPGs. But personally, my favorite RPG, believe it or not, is Galaxy on Fire. Sure, GOF doesn't have as much story content, but I'd rather be a bad ass assassin with a cool spaceship than a guy with a sword. And GOF takes a really long time to beat too. I've played 13 full hours and am 11% done with the game.

13. Aurora

Aurora Well-Known Member

Chronicles of Inotia? Zenonia beats that game in every single category except maybe graphics, and it's cheaper I believe.
    Underworld is a really bad game in my opinion, the tap-to-attack-and-move got extremely annoying after a few minutes, and its gameplay is simply monotonous.
    Other than Zenonia there really isn't another proper RPG in the appstore. Just wait for Hybrid from Gamevil, the same company that developed Zenonia.

14. chrisrushing

chrisrushing Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    Chattanooga, TN
    1. Zenonia is by far the best RPG (in my opinion). Polished in every way.
    2. Underworlds keeps my attention as well, my 2nd fave. Controls aren't as polished but its still great.

The only 2 i've found worth purchasing.

Chronicles of Inotia is a joke, the control system is awful and the graphics as a whole don't always feel like they go together. The controls are what keep me from playing it more than 2 minutes. I only downloaded the lite version and deleted within 15 minutes of giving it a try.

15. Hitch

Hitch Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    The Lonely Island
    Prepare to be dazzled... I beat it in 36 hours! :eek: But if I were to try to get to level 99, I'm sure it'd take at least... 15 more. :D
    Underworlds is more old school to me... Not a ton of fun, but worth the buck! Took up a some spare time...

16. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

Zenonia totally, lots of armors and weapons and a skill tree

17. Gadm

Gadm Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Thanks guys, I purchased Zenonia, but some of you mentioned The Quest as an option, I saw the screenshots and it seems life First person, and the price is 6 bucks, thats why got zenonia instead,
    If one day The Quest feels a price drop, would it worth it? or 6 bucks already worth it? why?

18. MrDark

MrDark Well-Known Member

May 3, 2009
    beat it 3 times with 2 different classes, average time 16hrs, overall 48 hrs of fun

19. Sukal

Sukal Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Zenonia is the best Action Rpg

Vay is the best turn based rpg, its actually a pretty good game despite looking a little sloopy, it is very fun once you get into it.

20. pandabynx

pandabynx Active Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Zenonia, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed and Assassin's Creed