Best RPG?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Twazzock, Jul 10, 2009.

1. Artfoundry

Artfoundry Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    COO and Creative Director at LCD Dreams, Inc.
    Bay area, CA
    One more thing - whatever you do, do NOT get Chronicles of Inotia - the worst RPG on the iPhone!

And one more - Kyle's Quest, while nothing special graphically, should be mentioned simply because there are a bunch of 3rd party mods for it, some decent, some not so good. I didn't play it that much after I finished the quest that ships with it (which is REALLY short), but if you like replayability, you might want to try it.

2. CaseyLay

CaseyLay Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    The Quest is the best RPG so far. Forget your 16 bit policy. You're missing out.

3. smirnoffsky

smirnoffsky Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2009
    If you enjoy first-person style RPG's, then "The Quest" would be my best bet... hands down, actually. I'm talking about the quality of the production, updates that keep improving and expanding the game, and the gaming experience as a whole. So far I think it is the most detailed and in-depth RPG out right now, with features including micromanagement of stats, skills, spells, weapons & armor, and accessories. The map is huge, in terms of being able to explore every nook and corner (excluding extra-planar dimensions and the new add-on maps from the latest update). You also have the option to purchase an expansion and add another huge map with new monsters, weapons, and items. Here you can really see the developer's dedication to customer satisfaction.

Consider it a sin to not add The Quest to your RPG collection. If you are a dedicated RPG gamer, that is. Plus, you gotta have good taste to actually appreciate the graphics and art (for those who complain about sprites, and what not). Seriously, this game's soul isn't about flashy full-3D polygons.

It's all about a full RPG gaming experience - in your pocket. This game's got soul.

Zenonia would be just as great if it followed on their footsteps. What I would like to see in that game are more quests, expansions and constant tweaking to make it even more enjoyable. Underworlds and Rogue Touch (yeah I know it's a DC, but still very RPGish imho) are close contenders. I have all of them and worth the hard-earned bucks.