Best place to connect with developers who want to publish their games?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by windrider07, Aug 30, 2012.

1. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Sure thing :). But first I have to review my business model. After running the numbers through my Casio watch, it seems that I would be operating at a net loss for games that retail under 4.99. I had been operating under the assumption that the cost of my white tees would be offset by the capital depreciation I intended to deduct from my taxes. Having spoke to a CPA (good thing I have a retired on for a dad), I've been advised not to pursue such a write-off.

My services are therefore amended; I will wear a T-shirt with the name of your game written on it in machine washable crayon. Now I can offer a more custom-tailored campaign; I will allow you to decide on the color I use, As long as it is a primary color, black, or flesh-tone. PM me if interested.

2. obscenemedia.com

obscenemedia.com Active Member

Hi Pik Pok,

Here's an EARLY stage video of my game, Farm Feud. Please keep an open mind as graphics WILL change drastically and it shows the most simplest game play possible. There's so much more and I hope to have a much better demo in the near future showcasing everything this game is capable of.

http://youtu.be/fGJ0cFf_im4

Jared Martin
    http://www.facebook.com/obscenemedia

3. frankywhite

frankywhite Member

Sep 8, 2012
    London
    #43 frankywhite, Sep 24, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2012
    a question regarding publishers that some of you probalby already asked..
    Do publishers find existing games and re-publish them? or do they publish new games only?

If one game that i released last mohts , has potential but hasnt been discovered by the users. Are they still able to put some marketing dollars behind it ?

4. windrider07

windrider07 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Depends.

For existing games: we try to find areas where they have not been marketed at and we target those areas. For instance, if Angry birds was targetted only in the US and Europe, we would market them in Australia and Asia. There's always a risk in publishing channel or games, or games that have more than one publisher. The originality of the game gets compromised.

For new games: The originality stays intact and its easier to market to any place you want to.

Any game can be marketed if executed well. Age doesn't matter when it comes to games. If no one has seen the game, the game will look new to them.

5. Balloon Loons

Balloon Loons Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    The marketing is still something that eludes me. When you say marketing can you please be specific about what avenues and what benchmarks to set? I tried the whole emailing review sites route and no one ever replies and if they do its to ask you to pay for a review. I was told to stay away from those. So question remains. How do you market a game if no one is jumping on board to help? Or reply to an email.

6. windrider07

windrider07 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    If sites ask you to pay, it really depends on the site. Check the site's alexa ranking. Email the site back and ask them what is their daily average users are and what is their bounce percentage. If a site gets 1 million users a day and 900,000 of those users are only visiting the site once per day for 10 seconds, the bounce rate will be like 90%. The lower the bounce rate, the better.

Aim low, then go high. Try to get featured on small blogs. Market your game on facebook and twitter. Promote on youtube. Analyze your stats on a daily basis. How many installs are you getting daily? Any increase in users? If so, where are the users coming from? Keep updating and improving your game. Send out press releases every now and then. Consistence with promoting your game will make some review sites interested in your game.

7. Balloon Loons

Balloon Loons Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    Hey windrider. Thanks for the tips. We have Facebook twitter and YouTube set up.

Regarding emails to review sites. Should I keep emailing the same site till I get a reply?

How about on toucharcade? Is there a way to contact writers directly instead of the one generic support email? I'm sure these guys have personal or at least business emails. Do they hang out on the forums at all?

We are now down to 0 sales for the past few weeks. Nothing happening anymore. No one knows it even exists. We have a huge update right now which includes dramatically decreasing file size, new revamped graphics and two new controller options one of which allows control of the dog using your finger directly. So it's pretty cool.

Sorry if any of the questions are stupid or noob ish lol. I'm learning as I go.