Best piano tutor for iPad?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Mindfield, Oct 25, 2010.

1. Yeah, yeah, let's get it out of the way: I'm a musician and I can't play piano. I can tinkle and experiment with the piano roll in my DAW and construct nice chords and stuff, but I never really got round to learning how to actually play keyboard. So, I know there are some keyboarding tutors on the App Store but many seem to take different approaches: Beat-style games, hands-off video tutorials, hands-on tutorials of questionable utility, and so on. It's a mess. So can anyone help me sift through the mess and point me to a good hands-on, practical tutorial intended to actually teach me how to play piano in a more general sense instead of teaching me how to play just one song, or how to mimic a range of songs?

2. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Coolest thing I found recently is an app called Music Tool. Yah it doesn't have piano tutorial videos but you can easily find and see how to make chords, which is the bane of learning music - learning how to combine notes.

It's universal and they have a lite version to try out.

3. Nice. Looks like a useful tool for exploring chords and scales, though it's not quite a tutorial. Still, it would be a good companion app, so thanks for that.