Best Organizer App?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Booch138, Aug 24, 2009.

1. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Hey Guys,

I have a really difficult time keeping up with sh!t I have to do, and remembering crap I need to get done for the day. It really is a big problem, so I need to retrain myself on how to use organizers (I had a leather one back in college). I want to use one on the iDevices though, as It would be easier to carry around with me obviously.

I havn't seen much though. The only ones I can really find with a simple appstore search is Left Coast Logic's Smart Time Ultimate Organizer , and Aesthology's Inc.'s Organizer.

The First one seems pretty nice, and kind of organized looking. The UI doesn't look bad either, but has anyone tried this yet? I don't have a problem dishing out the 9.99 but I want to make sure I don't get too burned first. The latter looks good too, and I like the Calendar layout, but the first one has that option, as well as other views too.

Any other you would strongly suggest? Any dev's want to advertise? I really need one soon so yeah. Thanks guys!

2. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
  3. organerito

organerito Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2008
    I have used Todo and it works great. I also Smart time, but I prefer Todo. You can try organizer. I think there is a lite version.

4. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Todo seems nice as well. Now I am starting to have a hard time telling the difference between them all lol...

But it looks to be a toss up between 'Things' and 'Todo'. Gunna dl and try the lite version of what I can.

Any other suggestions much appriciated.

5. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    [app]Ultimate Todos[/app]
    I got this when it was free for a day or so. Its only $.99 now, but was a lot more if I remember right. It works nicely and isn't over done.

If you want to get organized in general, [app]Evernote[/app] is one of the greatest things ever created when used with the (free) desktop software. Also, I just got [app]Bento[/app] and I'm loving it so far. I haven't used it much yet, but so far it's very useful and simple to use.

6. organerito

Nov 24, 2008
    I have tried Ultimate todos and it is great. I just don't use it anymore because todo has substasks.

Evernote is great if you use it with the desktop application and the firefox add-on.

I like better tap forms than bento, but that's just personal.

7. Nate5911

Nate5911 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2009
    +1 for this thread, I was about to start one about this myself.

I'm looking for an organizer app too, nothing too complex, but not really simple either. Omnifocus looks really good, but I'm not sure if I want to pay 20 dollars if there is something out there that will do the job just as well for less.

8. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Looks like school is back in session....

9. organerito

Nov 24, 2008
    There are some good productivity apps that I have used and are very good such as Saisuke, Pocket Informant, Ultimate Todos, Smart time Toodledoo. I used most of the time Todo and Saisuke most of the time. Pocket informant has a calendar and it syncs tasks with toodledoo. There is a lite version.

If you tell us what you are looking for in an organizer, it would be easier to help.

10. ivforlife

ivforlife Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    +1 for Bento. It is the swiss army knife of organizational apps. Bento has an extensive set of templates that provide you with the starting point for a variety of informational needs. You can take them as they are, or modify them to fit your specific needs.

Plus Bento extends the functionality of common iDevice applications. For more information visit the Bento website.

11. Nate5911

Nate5911 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2009
    haha, I start college in a week.. so yes.

It seems there a lot of solid options, so I'm going to browse around a bit more before I decide. Thanks to the people who suggested an app.

12. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    I've only been using it for a little bit, but I love it so far. The iPhone app has definitely convinced me to buy Bento for OSX, especially since I can sync them. I don't need a full database program like Filemaker, so Bento is perfect. I'm really glad I found it.

13. I think you mean it extends the functionality of common Mac applications on the Mac not iDevice.

Bento 2 for Mac is $50 plus Bento for iphone is $5 so $55 ain't all that cheap. Currently looking into reviewing these four database apps
    StoreItPro $5
    HanDBase $10
    AppCreator Database $5
    Tap Forms $9

14. organerito

Nov 24, 2008
    Out of those, I use Tap forms very often. It is very good. I used to use idb datamaster, but I like Tap forms better.

15. Victor09

Victor09 New Member

Jun 7, 2012
    Beesy app

Hi! I 'm using with my colleagues at work, an application called Beesy. I must admit that It's working pretty well to note all your tasks and don't forget something during a day...http://www.beesapps.com/beesy-ipad-to-do/ . Useful.