Best Nintendo DS game.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by GatorDeb, Apr 1, 2009.

1. GatorDeb

GatorDeb Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2009
    Las Vegas, NV, USA
    Rittai (3D) Picross is AWESOME. I love it. I've done 140 puzzles so far (but I've restarted them many many times because I redo them until I get it perfect (3 stars/no misses). It seems to have 300 main puzzles and other assorted puzzles.

It is pure perfection.

It is all in Japanese (but with picture tutorials) and can be easily imported for $45. Worth -every- penny and more.

2. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    My fav's would be #1 Proffesor Layton and the curious village
    or #2 The Pheonix Wright Series...

3. CDubby94

CDubby94 Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2009
    Betty White
    Since I've gotten my iPod, I never even turn on my DS. I checked the Nintendo website the other day just to see what kind of games they have now and the DS has taken a slide back to me. Absolutely none of the games appeal to me anymore.

4. My sister-in-law in Japan recently go these Nintendo DS games and Rittai is one of them. So you have good taste GatorDeb.

Mario&Luigi RPG3
    Phantasy Star Zero
    Chrono Trigger
    Saka-Tsuku DS
    sarusaru
    Destiny Links
    Shining Force Feather
    Toobo
    Megami Devil Survivor
    Gensou Suikoden Tierkreis
    Riz-Zoawd
    Rittai Picross 立体ピクロス

5. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    Same, I got my iphone back in July last year, and I'm the exact same way, I haven't even opened my DS once since then... And Nintendo said the iphone would never compare, now their the ones adding a camera to their machine...

6. No Hero

No Hero Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Probably my fav. would be GTA: Chinatown wars

7. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Okay, so does every avid iDevice gamer own a DS that they set aside when they got their iDevice? The same thing happened to me, though after a while I had an "excuse" because my kids broke theirs so I had to give them mine. When I was playing it, though, I'd say my favorite game was Puzzle Quest. I would argue that right up there would have been Advance Wars / Fire Emblem had I ever gotten the DS version of either of those, but the iPod came first :(

@mrbass: Shining Force Feather? I suppose we'll never see that one in the U.S., huh? I used to love the Shining Force series on the Genesis, and I even liked Shining Soul on the GBA, though most purists said it was a disgrace to its lineage.

8. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    1) Taiko no Tatsujin the Seven Islands
    2) final fantasy tactics A2
    3) planet puzzle league

9. CDubby94

Mar 31, 2009
    Betty White
    I only have like 2 DS games: Mario Kart and Animal Crossing. I sold my other games because I was never going to use them again.

10. anduril_ukr

anduril_ukr Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Student
    New Jersey
    since i got my ipod touch, i haven't touched my ds. even when i had it, i didn't play it a lot. for example, i bought madden 07 for twenty bucks, and played less than five minutes of it. i still regret that buy to this day (think of all the awesome games i could buy with that money for the ipod touch). but my only game that i played a lot and enjoyed a lot on the ds was probly mario kart. that game was the one game i kept playing and playing. very addicting.

11. CDubby94

Mar 31, 2009
    Betty White
    I like Mario Kart because Wifi games are so much fun! That's probably the thing I like most about the DS over my iPod: Online matches that are executed without much lag. There's not too many of those in the app store. However, what you said about the 20 bucks is true. Why pay that much for ONE game when you can get lots of really high-quality games from the app store? That's a major benefit of iPod touch gaming for me.

12. Not sure about Shining Force Feather just here list she sent me telling me which ones her kids like and she likes Rittai Picross.

Speaking of Rittai Picross this is totally fun. My goal is gonna be solving ones like 2:40 into the video.

13. Gamingfun

Gamingfun Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    #13 Gamingfun, Apr 1, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2009
    Prof Layton, The World Ends With You, Dragon Quest V, Contra 4, GTA: Chinatown Wars, Rings of Fate, Zelda, Castlevania, Bangia-O-Spirits, Jump! Super Stars, Final Fantasy IV, Advance Wars, Final Fantasy Tactics A2, Hotel Dusk, Trauma Center, Mario Kart

just to name a few ;)

Edit: oops saw everyone doing lists so I thought why not me but you are just pointing out you really like Picross :) yes indeed that is a fun puzzler

14. Ravenblack

Ravenblack Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Singapore
    There is an english version of it now.

If you like picross, you'll like Colour Cross. :)

Ever since I got the itouch, it's the psp that has gotten put aside.
    For the DS, I liked Rune Factory, Pokemon Platinum, Disgaea. FF Tactics Advance 2 and Advance Wars Days of Ruin was really great too.

15. gscal

gscal Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    SF Bay Area
    #15 gscal, Apr 2, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2009
    I like Kirby Super Star Ultra (classic platforming, baby!), Mario Kart, Mario and Luigi RPG (any one of them), Pokemon Diamond, and Super Mario 64.

16. GatorDeb

Feb 1, 2009
    Las Vegas, NV, USA
    There is?! Link? The Japanese one just came out about a month ago and they usually don't port it that quickly.

I also own Colour Cross :D

MrBass, I only understood when she goes babababa in that video lol. She was holding a DSi!

17. Ravenblack

Ravenblack Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Singapore
    #17 Ravenblack, Apr 2, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2009
    Picross was released a little more than a year and half ago. (My, how time flies.) There's been an english version for it for quite some time. We are talking about this Picross right?

Edit: Oh ok, I see, it's my mistake. :eek: Sorry. (Picross 3D is this one.)

18. Tennisking1o1

Tennisking1o1 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    I couldn't agree more with that list! Those are all my favorites :)

19. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    Super mario 64, advance wars, Chinatown wars. All I have so far, but I love them

20. GatorDeb

Feb 1, 2009
    Las Vegas, NV, USA
    Yep, I started this thread just to hype Rittai Picross, I wasn't really asking for other people's opinions lol ;) But hey, there can never be enough good game recommendations!

And if you like anything Picross you should really get Rittai Picross.