Best money expense tracker?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by D.Sync, Dec 25, 2008.

1. D.Sync

D.Sync Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    University Student
    Malaysia
    So far I think iXpense is by far the fully featured app I can find as it:

- Allows multiple currency records.
    - Report generator.

The only thing that lack is:
    - Multiple account support
    - Transferring funds option from one account to another, eg: from ATM account to Cash Account.

However due to it's lack features I'm still trying to find the best that suits my style. I would like an expense tracker that can keep track of everything in DETAIL, like place of purchase, date, notes and seller. I hate the eclipse (...) that is being used for long title. Most of them only allowed single line title. I would not like to having to tap on a transaction to show the full detail. Perhaps an option for us to set how many lines do we want is good?

So far I've also tried the following but feel dissapointed. They often offer SOME of the features that I one. Maybe combining their features might sounds to be a good idea:

- QuickBank Lite
    - Accountr
    - Balance

Any other suggestion for me?

2. Chiller ONE

Chiller ONE Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    I have tried Accountr, Balance and Pennies and they all suck.
    Pennies has a wonderful UI, though.

Now I haven't bought it myself because the price is ridiculously high, but from the looks and description of it JetSet Expenses seems to be the most advanced and fully featured expense tracker available in the Appstore right now.

3. D.Sync

D.Sync Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    University Student
    Malaysia
    Agreed. It's hard to find a full-fledged expense tracker that fulfill those features. I've been targeting iXpense and the developer promises to deliver such features in their next, future updates.

Until they come out with that updates, I would hold it off.

4. Canuck

Canuck Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2008
    Have things changed at all? I see that ExpenseIt is still at the top of the list, so I want to know is iExpenseit at the top of the list because it's the best or is it at the top of the list because it's at the top of the list? By they way I don't think $9.99 is ridiculously expensive. I would happily pay that for the best expense program that's out there.

5. D.Sync

D.Sync Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    University Student
    Malaysia
    I used it since last month and I use it to keep track of my daily expense. They support multiple currency, language and have a intuitive reporting feature.