Best Marble/Ball Rolling Game?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Palfince, May 19, 2009.

?

Which is the best marble/ball rolling game?

1. Marble Blast Mobile

11 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Super Monkey Ball

8 vote(s)
    25.8%
  3. HydroTilt XL

9 vote(s)
    29.0%
  4. Rollit

1 vote(s)
    3.2%
  5. Ball-X

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Super Marble Roll (Not Released Yet)

2 vote(s)
    6.5%
  1. Palfince

Palfince Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2008
    England
    #1 Palfince, May 19, 2009
    Last edited: May 21, 2009
    There are a lot of games in the App Store that fall in to this "genre" and with the recently released Marble Blast Mobile and the new update to HydroTilt, I want to know which one is the best.

Most of the games have different objectives and gameplay but they are in the same "genre" and usually you have to get from point A to point B.

Marble Blast Mobile ($4.99) Forum Thread
    [​IMG]

Super Monkey Ball ($5.99) Forum Thread
    [​IMG]

HydroTilt XL ($4.99) Forum Thread
    [​IMG]

Rollit ($1.99) Forum Thread
    [​IMG]

Ball-X ($1.99) Forum Thread
    [​IMG]

Super Marble Roll ($2.99) Forum Thread
    [​IMG]

2. FilthyCanadian

FilthyCanadian Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Ontario Canada
    What about labyrinth?

3. Fleabag323

Fleabag323 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    I've tried Marble Blast Mobile, Super Monkey Ball, and Hydro Tilt XL. Hydro Tilt and SMB are pretty different, but Monkey ball is better. Marble Blast Mobile has clunky buttons on the screen, and it is more of a "collect the crystals" than moving through the level. So, ranked, from best to worst:

1. Super Monkey Ball
    2. Hydro Tilt XL
    3. Marble Blast Mobile

4. Palfince

Dec 30, 2008
    England
    I think labyrinth games go in their own genre. If I wanted a labyrinth game I would have made a thread comparing all the labyrinth games.

Thanks. I forgot to mention that I already have Super Monkey Ball and Rollit, I put them in this thread as well to make it more of a general comparison. I'm tilting towards getting HydroTilt as well.

5. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    I have Marble Blast and Hydrotilt, and both are very good. It really depends on what you like. Marble Blast is about collecting gems, while Hydrotilt is about using the various tools to reach the finish line. You can't go wrong with either, although I've heard of some lag with Marble Blast on older gen iPod Touches and iPhones.

6. FilthyCanadian

Feb 27, 2009
    Ontario Canada
    I haven't seen too many labyrinth games. You roll a marble from point A to B, exactly what you were asking for.

7. GatorDeb

GatorDeb Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2009
    Las Vegas, NV, USA
    There's globs and globs of labyrinth games in the app store.

8. FilthyCanadian

Feb 27, 2009
    Ontario Canada
    Really? Oh, I just typed labyrinth on appshopper, why are there so many of them, lol.

9. Big Albie

Feb 12, 2009
    "Globs and globs..." so there must be a lot. :rolleyes:

10. GatorDeb

GatorDeb Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2009
    Las Vegas, NV, USA
    Yes :D

11. Palfince

Dec 30, 2008
    England
    I really wish Marble Blast Mobile had a lite version. I've played the online version of it and the lite version of HydroTilt and I'm torn between which one to get. The poll doesn't help either as it is 2 votes for each of them...

12. pante

pante Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    somewhere
    i have only hydrotilt from those mentioned in the poll, and all i can say about it is that it's easily one of the best games in app store. a lot of different levels, nicely done graphics and sounds, damn addictive. worth the current price.

and about labyrinth discussion...
    i don't think labyrinth belongs here. those titles are having this "arcade" style... hard to explain but i just can't compare it to those. oh, and about other "labyrinth" games in app store - there is a new one called Fayju Ball, truly wonderful piece.

13. Palfince

Dec 30, 2008
    England
    +1 on that.

Also I'll probably get HydroTilt but I'll leave it a couple of days, I'm trying to cut down on app purchases, it's not really working... Also are there 60 levels now with the new update?

14. HJJ

HJJ Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    I have Marble Blast Mobile. It's pretty cool. It reminds me of Squashem, which I also have. There is more gameplay and variation in MBM... but in Squashem, you get to roll over screaming people, which is a plus.

15. Big Albie

Feb 12, 2009
    You should really use this as your sig. :rolleyes:

16. Palfince

Dec 30, 2008
    England
    I also have Squashem. :eek:

I like marble/ball rolling games. Maybe I should just buy them all! :D

17. anonymous

anonymous Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2009
    skater
    US
    i <3 these game!

i <3 these game exept super monkey ball wich is bad even if i could get i free i wouldnt take it

18. buxman

buxman Active Member

Apr 15, 2009
    Sweden
    I'm just too weak when it comes to Marble Blast, been addicted to all releases of that game ^^

/ Alex

19. Palfince

Dec 30, 2008
    England
    I ended up buying HydroTilt which was well worth my $4.99. I'm only on level 17 at the moment and with 60 levels it's going to take me a while to complete. I like how it's not just get the ball from A to B, instead it is more of a puzzle game with 3 different elements, ice, water and steam.

Also the developers of the newly released Super Marble Roll gave me a promo code for their game which I highly recommend for $2.99. It's a very fun game but lacks a bit in terms of levels. I wrote a full review of it here.

At the moment I think that HydroTilt is probably the best marble rolling game if you like puzzles as well. If not Super Marble Roll is a great choice. I haven't tried Marble Blast Mobile though.

Also can a moderator take out the "(Not Released Yet)" from Super Marble Roll in the poll.

Thanks!

20. Spartan12103

Spartan12103 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    USA
    I like Hydrotilt a lot. But I haven't really played any others except SMB.