Best Games to Show Off

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Fazzy, Mar 8, 2009.

1. CandyNJ66

CandyNJ66 Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
    Geez calm down for a moment. He's only 14 and all of us were 14 and some of us had that mindset. It's how society is which is not his fault. He WILL grow and learn but I think you were a bit hard on him to be honest. He's a child.

2. Fazzy

Fazzy Well-Known Member

Wow, man, chill...
    I didn't want to seem like a spoiled child who gains respect by being rich. I live in a society of rich people, and my family isn't rich. All the people in my area are stuck-up kids with millionaire parents. They're the ones with all the money who always buy the costly apps and rub them in my face. That just makes them feel better about themselves, and I want to knock them down. Sorry for offending you. I don't have much money, and I'm just trying to use it in the best way possible.

3. Brazilian Rider

Brazilian Rider Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2009
    Geezus, has it really acumulated to this?

Who doesn't like going to some place and while you're listening to your iPod Touch of iPhone somebody goes, "Hey, doesn't that thing play games?"

Then you go and you pick the very best of the best to show them. That is what he's asking for: what games he should show people who are interested in his iDevice.

It's just like a new T.V. you want to show everyone how nice it is, so you pick the most gorgeous High Definition shows you can find and play it for them. Nothing wrong here, it's just human nature.

4. VoodooVyper

VoodooVyper Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2009
    Why is everyone telling me to calm down? I'm plenty calm, am I swearing profoundly, portraying incoherence, or typing sporadic, nonsensical, or meaningless jargon? I'm simply making a point that it seems many of you think is me "yelling". This thread is apparently not for me, I'll go look elsewhere in search of threads relating to games, not ego.

5. mek

mek Well-Known Member

agreed

granted some adults are still stuck in highschool, and just do an exaggerated form of the previous...flashy cars, big houses...massive credit card debt...and look at what their consumptious ways brought them

but listen to us adults...although highschool really doesn't matter...you shouldn't blow it off....College does matter...learn as much as you can whilst it is free...because it gets more expensive later

even though it is boring now, learn physics, and finances, study philosophy
    learn how this world works, because if you dont at least attempt to, you will eventually but it will be more forceful and not at your own pace

and above all, don't listen to anyone on the internet...

6. Nate5911

Nate5911 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2009
    Woah, so much hate in this thread.. Same in my original thread about the same thing a lot of hate. lol

What if someone used his iPod and asked which one he should play?

7. jchampl

jchampl Well-Known Member

i like to show people the google app with the voice search, but thats just me

8. TMAC34

TMAC34 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2008
    New York
    i only showed off some iPhone games to a couple friends for these reasons: about the beginning of 2007, my friends were making fun of me and joking around about how gay it was that i don't have any video games (my parents won't let me). Anyways, I told them that in a little while they would be coming out with iPhone games. They thought i was kidding, cuz why, "the iPhone has a fricking touch screen what will you do with that?". Well, now the evolution of iPhone gaming, my friends think its awesome, and my friend that said that couldn't put down fastlane when i let him play. So in the end, I win. ANyways, I only showed off games to them and not really anybody else, except people that are interestd.

9. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    LOL love the irony from that last statement! :D

and just for the record, not all 14 year olds are morons. but then again, I am the exception more than the rule.

10. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    Wonder how many others read threads like this and are fearful of posting and won't participate in TA? I think we should realize many, many people read these threads and this is a general deciding factor in joining TA (or not) and think we're forgetting that and we have this mentality that TA is smaller because of the mostly familiar names we correspond with. Seems the more TA matures the more I'm seeing a lot of conflict within a thread. Not saying this thread had major back/forth heated conflict but referring also to heavier conflicts in other threads. Think this is a result from TA's growth and people becoming more comfortable with it. To be honest if I was a newbie lurking on TA and saw these type of threads being common place (and there becoming so).........I'd move on. Wish I had the time to read earlier posts and responses from just under a year ago to see how everyone posted and responded back then.

Sorry for the extended write up but this is becoming so commonplace lately to me and wanted to comment.

Just to keep within the thread. I believe its great to show whats available on the phone and I understand being a kid isn't what it used to be when I was that age. My generation had our own problems to overcome as well and think most of us turned out ok as will this generation.

11. saintsalive

saintsalive Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2009
    Playing pocket god! Oh, and other games.
    Pygmy Island
    LOL! My friends don't accept me just for my iPod. They just like to see what kind-of games are on it. I show it to them for THEM to play games, not me to feel all "cool". But when you do something like that for someone, and they say "Man I wish I had one of these", it does make you feel cool. I think that's what he was getting at.

12. rhenzhen

rhenzhen Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2009
    NY, USA
    Well, my friends always visits me NOT because of my iPhone... It's because i have a HOT MoMa!... :D

13. frogtorch

frogtorch Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Cool? Back in my day it was all about Trapper Keepers and Swatch watches.

Anyway, I was talking to someone at work and whipped out the iPhone and was all "Behold the awesome power of the iPhone!"

The game?

Enviro-Bear 2010

14. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    All my brother's friend ever plays is Tap Tap -____-
    I should hide the icon next time I lend it to him.

15. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    BTW, How did you find and bring back a 5 months old thread:rolleyes:

16. darchinst

darchinst Well-Known Member

May 26, 2009
    manager
    Shreveport, la
    ill just simply reply to your question and ignore the philisophical argument going on:

-real racing surprises people when they see it. thing looks like a playstation 2 game.
    -cs.one is an awesome looking shooter, especially when you first start a new game.
    -tiger woods is pretty, but i prefer let's golf
    -a friend was playing with my phone and blown away by the online multiplayer on baseball sluggers. so am i though, fun as hell.
    - i think minigore and zombies vs sheep look awesome, but it depends on your preference of style

17. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    rotflmao

18. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    #38 ultimo, Aug 5, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2009
    Thats a very good move VoodooVyper, I'd recommend everyone to do that, if you can't help the thread grow on the topic, Do not put down the person who has created it.

If your idea does not matches his, find some thread that keeps your smile from the left to the right ear or create one such thread.

19. Videotape

Videotape Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2009
    student, journeyman
    pallet town
    This topic is way too serious... the answer was Enviro-Bear 2010, you guys tried to hard

20. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Being philosphical, I completely failed to be a part of this thread.
    I'd like to show
    ~> Worms - It has got very good particle fx, hilarious accents & speech, the next update with better controls is with Apple already

~> Zen Bound - (Lite is availabe too) [​IMG] tht texture is highlightd only with this background, it feels so real to me.

~> Classics - Its an archive of royalty free books with active updates by Andrew Kaz & Phill Ryu

~> Rolando 2 - Don't own it, but want it.

~> Modern Combat : SandStorm - its coming soon, more details here