Best Games for The Kids

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Mhans13, Feb 16, 2009.

1. Aurora

Aurora Well-Known Member

Toki Tori (really really cute, I love it)
    Sally's Spa (really cute graphics, maybe a bit hard for kids since it requires quick fingers and time management but it's fun to mess around with, and it's cheap)
    Catchamouse 2 (definitely recommend this, extremely simple and really cute graphics and sound)
    Dance Dance Revolution Shake (my little brother loves it, has extremely high replay value and the music is simply superb compared to other titles in the genre in my opinion)

2. Good move. Yea I'll second that AirCoaster 3D...my kids were literally getting dizzy and screaming for quite sometime. I thought oh boy here we go another ripoff entertainment app but it does what it purports to do and does it well. Another two for young girls is Fashion Fix $2 and iStyle $1 try demo.

3. TheKrazyRussian

TheKrazyRussian Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    UPS
    CA
    Same here, wish the iPod Touch was released before the DS since i bought 2 DS units which have not been touched ever since i got the iPod Touch.
    I let my kids play my Xbox 360 also and they haven't played that as well.

4. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
    Pocket God

5. TheKrazyRussian

TheKrazyRussian Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    UPS
    CA
  6. redbotsoftware

redbotsoftware Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2009
    iPhone App Developer
    SF Bay Area
    123 Count with Artie, counting and color learning for kids

I am the developer for this game. 123 Count with Artie

I wanted to make a game that kids would enjoy playing, and learning at the same time.

Next week there will be more: Artie Anteater is Angry, ABC Matching, and ABC Letter Tracing.

I am new to this forum. It's come highly recommended by my friend who has posted many times, JBmoney13.

[hqyoutube]PBRvtq7hQIs[/hqyoutube]

7. iStephen

iStephen Well-Known Member

May 4, 2009
    Ohio
    How about Nimblebit/Ian Marsh's new game BLUEBIRD. Its really fun and simplistic.

8. Frand

Frand Well-Known Member

We've gotten a user review from a parent saying their three-year-old grabbed the concept of SPiN quickly and enjoys playing the game. The Free Play mode was added with children and stress-free gameplay in mind.

SPiN does offer a challenge for a very wide range of gamers, though. We have at least one jedi ninja pushing beyond four billion points in Arcade mode. A player like that is able to recognize and match an object in less than 150-200 milliseconds.

9. Inked

Inked Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2008
    The Rootz series is a fun interactive book series for kids. Mine enjoyed the free one (Malcom Mushroom I think) so much that as new ones were released I purchased them all. Their favorite is Postman Plum, it has the element of surprise that keeps them coming back to reread it often. Check out the free one and see what your kids think of it.

10. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Kids over 5 or 6 really dont need baby games. My 7 year old got 19 planes landed in flight control in like her 4th or 5th game.