Best cheap video converter?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Rangerlump, Sep 19, 2010.

1. Rangerlump

Rangerlump Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2010
    Been pulling my hair out with Any Video Converter for the last year or so and the "audio out of sync" crap is getting on my nerves.

Any good converters out there *without* any audio sync issues for converting avi's etc to mp4 for itouch?

2. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    If you have a mac, then get handbrake. Its the best and its FREE.

There are versions of handbrake for windows too but I have no idea how good/bad it works on windows.

3. Rangerlump

Rangerlump Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2010
    Hey ImNoSuperMan,

Your username is misleading....because you *ARE* Superman!

Thanks a ton for the suggestion man, I grabbed the Windows version, fired it up, loaded file, and hit the START button. In about 5minutes time it took to encode, my past year of repeated failed attempts of matching framerates, audio frequency came to an end!

Thanks again, ++ for Handbrake.

4. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Handbrake works great on windows too. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

5. Yeah, I just tried it with a few episodes of Night Court I've been watching lately, and it worked great! No sync issues at all, conversion was pretty fast (~5 mins per 22 minute episode on my 3.4GHz AMD quad core @ about 60% quality setting at same res settings as original) and quality was surprisingly good. It earned a place on my app dock. :)

6. mathew1204

mathew1204 Member

Sep 13, 2010
    Hi

There's no cheap product look for good discount schemes for your product the rest will fall into place.

7. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Handbrake brah. Handbrake.

8. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    Handbrake.