Best chat app?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by johnlum, Jan 29, 2015.

1. johnlum

johnlum Member

Jan 29, 2015
    Hello,
    I am looking for a chat application to implement it to my radio website. I don't have idea which to use or which is best. I came across RumbleTalk and Cbox but still looking for more options before I decide which to take.

Have in mind I want to be able to post youtube videos and charts into it and I also want to have option for design makeover.

Thanks!!

2. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    I use IRC999 which is fine and being irc based you get far fewer kiddies. :)

3. racr

racr Active Member

Jan 4, 2014
    Self-employed.
    Europe
    Lol, it's Japanese. Last updated in 2011. Thanks for the info. Will give it a try.

Recently I got addicted to Nimbuzz.

4. johnlum

johnlum Member

Jan 29, 2015
    Thank you both! I tried but I had problems with posting pictures and videos there. Well I started researching on my own then. I made a lot of research in
    finding a chatroom for my radio website. I used envolve for a
    while till they closed up, pitty. I tried IRC but I truly did not like
    the look and feel and the “mess” of text in there.
    I had several points which are important to me.
    – First I needed a chat that can be seen in mobile (all versions) so I
    narrowed down the search for html5 chat room that look good on both
    mobile and pc.
    2 – I needed a custom design, I needed my background to be black or transparent. This was very hard to find (my site is dark).
    3 – I do not like to install the chat in my server as this is high cpu and resource consumer. So I need a chat service.
    4 – Lastly, I needed the ability to add youtube videos and upload files.
    I have checked several chats and only 2 met my needs, RumbleTalk and Cbox.
    I choose RumbleTalk finally as it can be integrated into my page and not only as toolbar.

Attached Files:

5. johnlum

johnlum Member

Jan 29, 2015
    Hi guys thanks for all the help but Just to make sure I am still with them and I became quite an expert with this so if anyone need some help, just message me.

Well my findings are that staff is nice and application allows you to do just anything in the world you would want. And also price is low if you buy it for one year. Really good thing, I recommend it to anyone. Easy, fast and without any problems.

6. johnlum

johnlum Member

Jan 29, 2015
    I know that many people would say skype lets say is the best application for chatting, but believe me, Rumbletalk is the best as far as html chat is concerned

7. Telegram

My Fav so far is Telegram. Although it was down for a few days recently, but I like how lean n simple it is and available on web and mobile. :)

8. johnlum

johnlum Member

Jan 29, 2015
    Hah, great. Not even sure what that is. Hehe =)

9. johnlum

johnlum Member

Jan 29, 2015
    Rumbletalk now offers you to Build Loyal Audiences Using Group Chat blogging tactics

For writters trying to reach their first 100 or 1000 loyal readers, creating an “Open for Conversation” page is a great way to directly interact with readers and humanize your new brand.

[​IMG]

10. GustavoWoltmann

GustavoWoltmann New Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Hi there John!

I would like to say thank you for this great review, really! I personally tried quite a lot of chat applications for websites and it is true that Rumbletalk is the best one. I am using it on my facebook channel, blog and on my website for the last 14 days, it works amazingly.

Thanks again! Please keep us updated! :)

[​IMG]

11. one.sixty.four

one.sixty.four Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    Wow... This went from a question on the best chat app to blatant advertising fast!

12. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    The original thread started over a year ago. I think the OP resurrected it just to let people know of his success.

13. one.sixty.four

one.sixty.four Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    Ah, I see. Didn't notice that.

14. Tunishia

Tunishia Active Member

Apr 26, 2016
    It Manager
    Bangladesh
    Ahh! Bad experience ever using Rumbletalk. First I thought it was good and serve well. But bad indeed. Not satisfied. All of my users blame me always and say to change asap. :confused:

15. Tunishia

Tunishia Active Member

Apr 26, 2016
    It Manager
    Bangladesh
  16. Tunishia

Tunishia Active Member

Apr 26, 2016
    It Manager
    Bangladesh
    hey guys i will give a quick update about my experience using Chatwing so far.

1. most important, my users are very satisifed with it.

2. it has been working really smooth and feels great to have a cloud chat and not rely on servers and hosting anymore.

3. the Chatwing android and iOS app have been a greta way for myself and moderators to keep control of the chat and get alerts when their is new activity.

4. my users also use the chatwing apps so they can stay connected to my website chats

5. the chat has helped increase the number of visitors and also the amount of time they spend on my website.

6. as far as pricing chatwing is by far the best value on the web, i pay $11.20 per month for unlimited usage in my chat, on other chat services they limit usage for say 250 users will cost you $50 per month. Chatwing also has a free version that let's you have unlimited usage too which is really nice just lacks a couple features i wanted like uploading my logo and hiding the chatwing name.

conclusion, give Chatwing a try if your looking for a chat room to put on your website it's perfect.

17. johnlum

johnlum Member

Jan 29, 2015
    You're welcome! I am just glad that you like it.