Best case for protecting drops/being drunk

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by CBraun53, Jul 17, 2009.

1. CBraun53

CBraun53 Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2008
    I currently have the Incase Leather Folio for my 3GS, which works great for me because I like having my phone naked when I use it, but still have protection for it while it's in my pocket. However, after I have had a few drinks, I become much more clumsy and need a case to protect it for when I drop it. I have looked at the Incase Slider but have heard that it scratches the back and also have looked at the Incase rubber one (I can't remember the name of it) but I have heard that it collects dust which scratches it. I just need something that I can put on at night before I go out and then take it off again the next morning that will protect if from falls. Also I'd prefer that it be available at an Apple Store, but if not that's okay. Any help is appreciated.

Also, if you're just going to comment that I should be more careful, or that I shouldn't drink, then move on along, because it isn't helpful.

2. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    My iPod Touch is in a DLO leather flip case, which has protected it from several drops onto hard surfaces. (Not drunk, just clumsy! :eek:)

3. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    You should be more careful, and you shouldn't drink.

4. CBraun53

CBraun53 Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2008
    Thanks for the suggestion, I'll look into that one.

Did you stack up all your 2000 plus posts with insightful posts like these? ;)

Anyone else have any suggestions?

5. jecebn

jecebn Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Kansas City, MO
    #5 jecebn, Jul 17, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2009
    I use the Speck Fitted cases (I have all three, the plaid, the houndstooth, and the pinstripe) - guys might not like these cases though because they are kind of "girlie", but I love them because I can match them to whatever I'm wearing :)

I also really like the iSkin revo - I used this case for my first gen iphone, but they also make one for the 3g/3gs - its a little bulky but it works really well - and I can say from experience that this case will definately protect your phone from drunken falls in bars ;)

Both are availible from the Apple Store

6. AaronAMV

AaronAMV Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    WHO KNOWS
    The DLO hyprid shell works nicely.

7. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    I have no idea what case I have, it's just a little rubber skin.

8. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    100% without a doubt the otterbox case is a beast of a case! My buddy just put it on his 3g, while it adds some bulk, i would say it has to be the number one case for drops, I use just a standard rubberized sleeve on my 2G, but I think you should look at the otterbox for your situation...

9. BATTLE BORN

BATTLE BORN Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV
  10. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    #10 Rocketman919, Jul 17, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2009
    I just got the Capsule Rebel by Switcheasy and it's great. The inner layer is this thick but slightly pliable rubber case, but then there is an outer layer (an exoskeleton if you will) that is hard plastic that snaps onto the back for added support. It's a great case that doesn't add too much bulk and it also looks fantastic. It actually adds to the look of the phone, where as most cases are just plain ugly. They have some really sweet colors too and they are only 25 bucks including shipping (and they also come with two screen protectors and a movie stand.)

I highly advise you to check this out, this case has gotten some great reviews and I highly agree with them.

[​IMG]

this is the one that I got.

[​IMG]

11. Myrobotwillneverdie

Myrobotwillneverdie Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    SEPDX
    Dude, that case is frickin sweet. I'm getting one today. Thanks!