Best calming/relaxing/anti-anxiety app

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by brewstermax, Dec 23, 2008.

1. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

Which one is the best one out there?

2. field5

field5 Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2008
    #2 field5, Dec 23, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2008
    I think "RELAX" is AMAZING because not only does it have sounds but you have the great VIDEO! of the sounds for example, a waterfall or beach scene with the waves crashing etc...

3. brewstermax

I need more like meditation. I already have Easy Relax, and thats not doing anything.

4. field5

field5 Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2008
    oh ok I see what you're saying...but by the way "easy relax" does not have video...."relax" does.

5. brewstermax

I know. But still, if I'm trying to relax, I don't think that I'm going to be looking at a little screen. I'll be listening, with my eyes closed. I see your point, though. It is a better app because of the video, but wouldn't that be a bit useless?

6. field5

field5 Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2008
    well I for one never got into those sound machines and never enjoyes just sounds....but with this you can lay in bed or just be anywhere quiet (or with headphones) and it really relaxes you....you don't have to imagine anything because you're actually seeing AND hearing it...they just added two scenes,,,bahamas beach and thunderstorm for a total now of about 7 scenes...anyways, here's a video of it...which a low res youtube video doesn't do it justice...

7. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    Relax

iClouds all the way

8. field5

field5 Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2008
    iclouds IS pretty cool (i onyl have the lite version) but I don't like that you have to go over it a bunch of times to make big clouds otherwise it's just white dots....additionally that crow bird sound annoys the hell out of me and they look like little bugs on the screen......so maybe if it was updated I'd love it.

9. CloneWars

CloneWars Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Bank Robber
    Atlantic Ocean
    Mind Wave is worth taking a look at ;)

10. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    mind wave. Also relieves headaches!

11. tosui

tosui Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Toronto, Canada
    #11 tosui, Dec 23, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2008
    I found that Wings is very calming (more the first version than the current one, but you can choose not to view the instruments).

But my personal favourite is Spawn Illuminati. There's something about it that just relaxes me while putting a big smile on my face.

12. Armbruster

Armbruster Well-Known Member

#12 Armbruster, Dec 23, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2008
    I was working on a post for my (retired) blog on the best relax application, and I've came to the verdict:

Ambiance and mind Wave are the best apps for relaxing. I've tried every one and none of them match up to this quality.

13. rootbeersoup

rootbeersoup Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Yeah I love that app

Trippin' is another pretty cool one, although I find it overly pixelated, the color transitions are way cool

14. gospel9

gospel9 Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Having tried out AmbiScience yesterday, I really liked it.
    I have aSleep, Ambiance and Mind Wave (typical?).

AmbiScience comes with very high quality, perfectly looped ambient audio tracks and a set of isochronic tone effects. The two really complements well together. Of course, it comes with a timer too.

For something totally different, Aqua Forest works if you have the time for it.

15. wisegrape

wisegrape Active Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Custom Sounds of Nature $.99

I really like Custom Sounds of Nature the best. I have Realx but I find I like the sounds in Custom Sounds of Nature better. I really like the wind chimes in Custom Sounds of Nature. You can also create your own custom bookmarks.

16. CloneWars

CloneWars Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Bank Robber
    Atlantic Ocean
    Kiss hangovers good-bye! ;)