iPad Best Buys/Steals Section

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by tkphotograph, Sep 11, 2008.

1. tkphotograph

tkphotograph Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2008
    I have been trying to find some hidden gems in the app store. They do not have to be relatively inexpensive, but that would be nice too. So my question is, what is everybody's favorite steal or 99cent game?
    List them here!

2. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    Mote - M
    http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=287513265&mt=8

It's a Tower Defense game and the only one on the iphone.

I'm a beta tester and we are starting on version 1.2 soon which will add several more towers, a sandbox mode to play with designs, and some new backgrounds.

At a dollar its a definite steal

3. raps27

raps27 Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2008
    LED Football, is really fun

if ur looking in the $1.99 range theres Cro-Mag Rally they have a sale on it

4. MattB

MattB Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2008
    Web Designer
    Plant City, FL
  5. arn

arn Administrator
    Staff Member

Apr 19, 2008
    Free:

[app]PapiJump[/app]
    [app]Aurora Feint[/app]

Pay

[app]Dizzy Bee[/app] ($2.99)
    [app]Dreigit[/app] - not bad for $0.99. I haven't played the new version but looks like it's improved.

arn

6. hexen

hexen Member

Jul 17, 2008
    I was all set to purchase this game a few weeks ago, but read in a review that it features absolutely no sound at all (no music / no sound effects) - can you confirm if this is true?

Playing a completely silent version of this game doesn't appeal to me at all. While it may only be $1, the sound effects of the guns is a large part of any tower defense game and I've decided not to support developers that put out half finished apps just to earn a quick buck. I know that makes me sound like a tight-ass, but seriously, how difficult would it be to add some sound effects?

As soon as it's a more complete game, I'll be purchasing. :)

7. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    That is correct - there is no sound. Still a great game, though, and one can only presume that eventually we'll get sound. I just hope that any music is optional.

8. hexen

hexen Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Thanks for confirming crunc, will definitely be buying as soon as it's a little bit more polished.

9. mek

mek Well-Known Member

crunc, can you at least play music from your library, if so, then it def. is a good buy, those games are addictive

10. mek

mek Well-Known Member

#10 mek, Sep 13, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2008
    ill answer my own question,
    yes you can play music

its as i imagined, if you like this genre of games, its addicting
    and when they upgrade it with sounda and different options, it will only getter...
    worth the buck

also the ability to resume the game is a must...great feature

11. bootant

bootant Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2008
    Junior Designer, Senior Coder, CTO, CEO, Chairman
    bootant

few games on sale
    only $0.99

12. bootant

bootant Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2008
    Junior Designer, Senior Coder, CTO, CEO, Chairman
  13. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    It's true there is no music, it was an aesthetic choice though. It also lets you play your own music without any issue.

Mote-M is coded by only one person so beta testing have focused strictly on improving gameplay, balancing towers, and keeping the load time non existent.

1.2 should start beta testing soon so I'm going to try and get grant to add as many features possible.

If you're on the fence though I just finished beta testing Mote-M Lite so you can expect that in the app store pretty soon.

14. different

different Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    [app]Sol Free Solitaire[/app] (Free)
    [app]MotionX Poker[/app] (Paid)

15. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    LED Football is great, but only for the first quarter/half (whatever it is). When you get to the 2nd the game goes crazy. The scores switch, the players start moving spasmodically, etc. There are others mentioning the same thing in the reviews, but perhaps the problem isn't universal? In any case, I hope they get an update out, as it is a fun game.