Best Bubble-popping game (for a toddler)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by grid, Apr 13, 2012.

1. grid

grid Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2009
    iPhone Game Dev
    Minneapolis, MN
    My 2 year old is pretty into popping bubbles, and there are probably two dozen bubble-pop type games for the iPhone/iPad... Anyone have any recommendations?

She's also really into finding things on the iPad... We have one app in particular, called Doodle Find that is almost perfect for her, with the notably frustrating point that it tells you what thing to find in written text at the top of the screen. Anyone have any recommendations or suggestions for games like doodle find but that would illustrate what she needs to find in a more toddler friendly way?

2. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    First, I'd highly recommend Zinc Roe's Tickle Tap Toddler Packs 1 & 2, there's lots of simple, but highly interactive stuff in there for kids - and a lot of my daughter's favorites, including things to tap on and explore. She's three now, and still plays with Bug Builder a lot, but her overall favorite at 1-2 years was Sound Shaker.

Roxie's Doors and Adventure might be a little advanced, but are also some of her current favorites. She's been playing a lot with Cyan's The Manhole too, which is probably one of the best kid's exploration games ever... My Play At Home is a great virtual dollhouse, and Baby Apps makes for a great set of faux iPhone activities. Final favorite I'll mention is AWazDat which is a very simple tap on things app. it's got bubbles, too. ;)

EDIT: My daughter can play Little Things, but we have to tell her what to look for.