iPad Best breakout / arkanoid games?

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by stanny, Feb 9, 2009.

1. stanny

stanny Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2009
    What's a good breakout game? I am looking to buy one and only one for my device. Right now I came across Block Breaker Deluxe 2 and the new one Kryton Egg, both 99c. Any other good must have ones?

2. xiao

xiao Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2009
    Block Breaker Deluxe 2 looks pretty good to me.

3. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    Krypton Egg is good. If you feel like spending more, then I'd suggest Chimps Ahoy! It's unique because you use to paddles on the sides of the screen.

4. rpb1975

rpb1975 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    IT Consultant
    Texas
    I have and enjoy Block Breaker Deluxe 2 as well!

5. Rohan Dalal

Rohan Dalal Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2009
    Block Breaker 2 ANYDAY

6. BadSanta

BadSanta Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Milan,Italy
    only .99$

7. ChrisH

ChrisH Active Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Retired :-)
    England
    I have Block Breaker DeLuxe 2, Meteor and Krypton Egg - you could say I'm quite keen on Breakout games. Meteor is the most expensive but there is a lite version so you can try it out first. I find the screen on Krypton Egg to be a bit 'busy' which makes it hard to spot the ball on the way down. If you're choosing purely on price I'd go for BBD2, otherwise give the Meteor Lite a try and see how you like it.

ChrisH

8. stanny

stanny Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2009
    Looks like Block Breaker Deluxe 2 has taken the crown!

9. SpaceHunter

SpaceHunter Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2009
    A bit off topic, but you can play my FREE version. You need a PC though..doh :D

10. fiskadoro

fiskadoro Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    A vote for Space Buster (http://appshopper.com/games/ikanoid) here. I like the way the developer has constantly worked to update and make the app more stable, and it's colorful and fun.

I kinda liked BB2 to begin with as well, but then I got to a level I couldn't beat and that was enough for me... but you probably don't suck at games as much as me :)

11. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    Hey everyone, don't blast me for this but: I think BBD2 has got way too much going on that it actually hinders the game. Some of the flash from exploding bricks makes it impossible to see the ball drop till its almost to the bottom and powerups are big blocks that fall in groups and can't see the ball very well either, till its too late. Lost many games from this. It a nice shooter but too much bling, imo but sure a lot of others enjoy it so it might be up your alley. I'll play it but not my favorite like Meteor (my recommendation). This game is very well balanced with tons of levels but price is a little higher than most but worth it. I've got all shooters cept' Kryton Egg but like its been said, its kind of busy too.

12. appreviewer

appreviewer Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2009
    Krypton Egg is really good

13. VoodooVyper

VoodooVyper Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2009
    I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Super Ball 2

I find this to be the least "messy" of all the breakout games I've played. Hundreds of levels with medals for varying difficulties. Granted it's $1.99, it may be worth the extra dollar.

14. Silver Orange

Silver Orange Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    California
    It might be surprising, but I happen to really like astro tilt from Jirbo. I don't know why I like it so much and find it addictive, but it's simple, graphics aren't bad, and free.

PS: You can switch off the animal pictures too if you think it's too gay

15. appreviewer

appreviewer Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2009
    Guys, krypton egg has freakin' boss battles!!! It's insane!