iPad Best App with hours of gameplay?

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Paradox.101, Dec 28, 2008.

1. Paradox.101

Paradox.101 Member

Dec 28, 2008
    The games in the Appstore are great, but nothing magical, I'm still waiting for a fully fledged game for the iPod touch, something that would take up 1 Gig worth of memory, GTA on the touch maybe? That'd be awesome.

I'm looking for a game for the iPod touch 2G, which would keep me playing and playing, something like an RPG, a leveling up system or something. I do have Fieldrunners, but seriously, I got bored of that in an hour or so... to me it was overrated badly.

2. D.Sync

D.Sync Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    University Student
    Malaysia
    Try:
    - Labyrinth
    - 7 Cities TD
    - Tangram Puzzle Pro
    - KamiCrazy

3. Lunchbox

Lunchbox Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
    chronicals of inotia could keep you occupied for ages - sorry if i spelt it wrong :rolleyes:

4. ITrocks

ITrocks Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2008
    Puzzlequest definitely. Fastlane is good when you're trying to unlock all those tracks, cars etc. Hero of sparta takes quite a while to finish as well. A game of Monopoly can take 3 hours, so that's pretty good. Hmmm, can't remember what's on my last page of apps lol.

5. sdragon

sdragon Active Member

Jul 16, 2008
  6. Paradox.101

Paradox.101 Member

Dec 28, 2008
    I stumbled across it, and I was gonna buy it, although from the reviews, there seems to be big FPS problems? And for $10, I don't really think there should be FPS problems ... lol

I was also thinking on puzzlequest! But it's a bad port? :(
    I might be buying Hero Of Sparta tho.

7. CrispsInnOut

CrispsInnOut Member

Dec 24, 2008
    A menu-based turnbased RPG like pokemon , or final fantasy would work quite well with touch-screen I think!

Someone know of any games like that?

8. D.Sync

D.Sync Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    University Student
    Malaysia
    You can try them in Nintendo DS. So far there is NO any games that are slightly similar to them, in the sense of storyline and game play.

9. SydneyS

SydneyS Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Student/Classroom Aide
    Philadelphia
    Arvale is turnbased but not in a final fantasy way. That game lasts for hours and hours. Definitely a long play time.

10. jecebn

jecebn Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Kansas City, MO
    If you lke Risk-type strategy games, you should check out LUX DLX. With tons of downloadable maps and more to come, the game never really gets old.

11. Wegmans

Wegmans Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    Zombie Attack has kept me amused for a very long time..Topple is fun (got it when it was free) and finally FieldRunners

12. Fleabag323

Fleabag323 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    Snail Mail is great as it has 50 levels, and I was playing it at least two hours a day the first week I got it, (maybe I was exaggerating) and I'm still only half through! And it's only USD $1.99!

13. Silver Orange

Silver Orange Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    California
    TanZen will last a while since it has so many puzzles.

14. AndyL

AndyL Well-Known Member

I agree Tanzen will last hours because there are soooo many puzzles.

15. Paradox.101

Paradox.101 Member

Dec 28, 2008
    How is Touchgrind? There are mixed reactions with it, some say its boring and repetitive, others say it's fun and addictive. Lol :confused:

16. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    It's fun, addicting, and very realistic... Until you've beaten the game.

It's really easy to beat, as it only takes about 2 hours of practicing to finally get the hang of getting over a million points. :p

The game is still great and the devs promise plenty of updates, so I still think it's worth $5. It's good for playing every once in a while after you've finished it, though. :)

Oh and, Chronicles of Inotia, Arvale and Vay will last you a VERY long time. TanZen's a great one, and pretty much any other puzzle game like Trism, Frenzic and Fuzzle have very high replay value.

I guarantee you that you can never finish all 2600+ levels of BoD, so that's a great choice too, if you don't mind a little challenge. ;)

17. Chiller ONE

Chiller ONE Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    Flick Fishing, Crystal Defenders, Besiegement, Orions, Samurai Puzzle Battle, Vay, Puzzle Quest and Reign of Swords will last very long, just to name a few.
    :)

18. Paradox.101

Paradox.101 Member

Dec 28, 2008
    I might go ahead and blow $10 towards Chronicles of Inotia. It seems like a long lasting game, not sure if it's worth the price tag tho lol.

19. Chiller ONE

Chiller ONE Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    Its only 8 dollars, though.

20. Paradox.101

Paradox.101 Member

Dec 28, 2008
    $10 here in Aus :(