best Android tablet for about $400?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Papa Deuce, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Papa Deuce

Papa Deuce Well-Known Member

May 15, 2013
    I have had enough of Apple and the crazy prices they charge for more storage. Looking for a wi-fi only tablet that has at least 64GB, or more... or if I can add my own SD card, that would be fine.

Opinions?

7" or 10" or anywhere in between.

2. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    If you don't want the absolute latest I picked up a Galaxy Note 12.2 recently and love the thing, I got it quite cheap I think I paid about £300 for both it and a 128gb MicroSD card. Really good tablet with good battery, multi window, stereo speakers and the wacom stylus, it also cost more than the iPads when it first came out although the negatives are it's quite big obviously so if you wanted to use a tablet as an ereader in bed I'd skip it and it's above your 10" limit.

As far as other Android tablets go the only ones that really peaked my interest are the Shield range but generally Samsung seems to be the ones most people are pleased with and they have a lot of options, there is also the Google Pixel C which was just announced a few weeks back but I very much doubt they'll give it decent storage options.

One of the Surface tablets might be worth considering as well although I've yet to use a windows tablet and I'm not sure of the prices.

3. Papa Deuce

Papa Deuce Well-Known Member

May 15, 2013
    Thank you... I will go investigate.