Best Android exclusives?

Discussion in 'Android Games' started by awp69, Feb 28, 2013.

1. mcamp

mcamp Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2010
    I basically hate my Nexus 7. I'm a web-designer and only picked it up for browser testing. Gaming on Android is severely lacking compared to iOS, an my iPad is far superior a tablet.

HOWEVER, when I do reach for the Nexus 7, it's usually to play Delver, an excellent first-person, action roguelike.

2. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    That's funny because I really like my Nexus and every game that I can compare to an iOS version plays the same or sometimes better. The Tegra 3 supported games like Expendable Rearmed and Pudding are outstanding. And haven't had any issues with graphically intensive games like MC4 or Real Racing 3. And some games seem better like Zombie Driver and Heroes Call. Smooth framerates and great graphics. I agree that Android is behind in the number of games and exclusives but I have yet to find a game that hasn't played well on my Nexus 7.

3. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    I disagree. I also have a Nexus 7 and enjoy all types of games that have played without any issues what so ever. The last sentence sounds like more of a cover up to get your message across on your thoughts of Android.

4. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    I've also found some Android games to be much smoother/better than my IOS ones but then again I was using a 3rd gen iPod and I'm sure the new batch of IOS stuff is much better mostly it's pretty much an identical experience though.

Comparing the iPad to the Nexus is a bit silly though given that the Nexus is less than half the price. For the money I would say the Nexus is pretty amazing just wish it had Micro SD cards.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- -

On the subject of Pocket Stables again I was sure I was going to beat it on my last playthrough but it eluded me barely again on the last race so I'll get at least one more game from it, definitely very addicted to it basicly reminds me of a cross between Grand Prix Story and Dungeon Village the horse breeding , horse training and jockey training all add some nice elements.

5. Tommet

Tommet Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2011
    I'll second Delver.

6. Tommet

Tommet Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2011
    I'll also drop a word for wazhack.

7. mcamp

mcamp Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2010
    No, the explanation was more intended to drive home what an excellent game Delver is. It's the only reason I pick up the Nexus apart from work-related reasons. It's really, really excellent.

8. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    Ok, I understand. The game is pretty good but the camera swing has me feeling nauseated at times. I have to watch that on certain games unfortunately.

9. vldstf

vldstf New Member

Mar 4, 2013
    game suggestion

I don't know if you are fans of brain&puzzle kind of game! Well, i found this kind of games pretty interesting and really addictive actually.
    I do download a lot of them and indeed, it's really hard to find a game that is actually working!
    The last that i downloaded and i really enjoy it, is this one: MagicMath

You should give it a try!

Cheers!!

10. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    vldstf, I'm glad you decided to mention that you're the developer of MagicMath in another post. There's nothing wrong with that and it's certainly better than indirectly shilling your own application like in the above quoted post. Just keep that in mind for the future as shilling's strictly prohibited on TA.

11. gabikun

gabikun Active Member

Jan 22, 2012
    I second wazhack, and I'm surprised it is not mentioned more... It's a great roguelike! Just a little different... It's presented in 2d side-scrolling form, like castlevania, with 3d models, but in which monsters move as much as you move (so it's kinda turn based... but without tiles, you move slightly and monsters do the same)

You can try it for free, but after reaching 300 metres down, you need to pay to continue (I did that).