Best and worst accidental purchases ya had.

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by chickdigger802, Oct 5, 2010.

1. csklimowski

csklimowski Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    #21 csklimowski, Oct 6, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2010
    I still don't understand how you are supposed to get a refund. If I click "Report a Problem", The Apple website says something along the lines of "All sales are final. If you purchase an app via 1-click or shopping cart, you may NOT get a refund under any circumstances".

2. SSteven

SSteven Member

Sep 2, 2010
    I searched google nd this is the results:

1. Open up itunes

2. Click Store > View Account > Purchased History

3. In your Purchased History Select Report a problem

4. In the window that opens up to report your problem, describe your reason for requesting a refund. Be very polite and very detailed as to why you are requesting a refund and what exactly it is for.

5. That's it! Apple customer service should usually respond to you within 48 hours and let you know if your request has been granted. Read the tips and warnings below for additional information about requesting a refund from iTunes.

Thats it! Hope it Helped =D

3. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    itunes.com

itunes support

report problem

fill out the form

reply within 24 hours

4. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #24 Vovin, Oct 6, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2010

F*ck - are you serious or sarcastic?

In case you are serious about asking back the one-time-refund from Apple (on purpose):

you are not only betraying the developer of the game by "stealing" his game, the developer gets NO MONEY and a NEGATIVE sale. That means that Apple refunds you completely but also takes the usual 30% fee from that developer.
    Conclusion: you are hurting the developer because he loses 30% from the apps price but received no money because of your refund (first, the dev earned 70% of the apps price, then loses 100%).

People who are thinking like you should be banned immediately from this forums.

@ runformoney:

In case of GTA (10 bucks):
    No money and also a fee of 3 bucks for the dev because of the initial sale. RockStar made the game, you're playing it, they got no money and had to pay 3 additional bucks to Apple.
    Happy now? :rolleyes:

5. acrotran

acrotran Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2010
    Maybe they have a tougher attitude now, I don't know. But I got 2 refunds on mistakes I made.

6. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    yeah, i've actually been refunded 6 times so I don't know what you guys are talking about for the 1 refund limit. But I guess they like me because I always remind them to check my purchase history xD.

7. runformoney1110

runformoney1110 Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Graphic designer
    In your closet
    i know, but i had really clicked buy by accident, and this wasnt during the sale. It's one of the three refunds that have actually made me feel kinda bad about, in retrospect.

8. postmanmanman

postmanmanman Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2010
    I managed to acidentally buy I Dig It 2, as I had input my password a minutes before to download updates. Not a bad game, I suppose, but not one of my favorites, either.