Best 2048 games

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by iamagame, Jan 26, 2015.

1. iamagame

iamagame Active Member

Nov 19, 2014
    There are a bunch of 2048 clones on app store. I know we are sick and tired of them, but the gameplay itself is still fun.

Most of them are exactly same as original one by Gabriele, others replaced the numbers with other graphics assets(city 2048 etc), and others added some features like revert.

Aside from original 2048, which version do you prefer? I think there are some brilliant 2048 games which are hidden due to a ton of clones.

2. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
  3. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Yep... Threes! wins this clone war easily.

4. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Threes is actually the original and, as far as I'm aware, the best.

The only "downside" is it COSTS DOLLARS, which I know turns people off. The developers actually expect money for their time and effort!

5. kmacleod

kmacleod Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 1, 2009
    Artist / Writer / Designer
    California
    Threes!, by far. The rest aren't even close.

Threes! was Apple's iPhone game of the year for a reason.

6. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Yup, threes is the best.

Shades is worth checking out, it's not a clone but has a three type vibe. (might still be free)
    My husband likes Twelves, which is also free, again it's different enough to not be a clone but if you like that sort of style worth checking out.

But I'd pick Threes hands down every time.

7. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    Shades is being featured as app game of the week, and it is free. looks like fun. I will also vote for threes, however, there are two 2048 clones that are a blast. One is a 2048 with Minecraft tiles instead of numbers and the other is 2048 Knights with…knights.

8. iamagame

iamagame Active Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Threes is not a clone or sibling of 2048, it inspired 2048. Glad to know that the original beat clones.

9. puterbaon

puterbaon New Member

Jan 27, 2015
    2048 is so easy to play, you might get into the habit of tearing through games without even really paying attention to what you're doing. That's not a good idea.