iPad Besiegement - Update V1.2 Out

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by skathir, Feb 15, 2009.

1. skathir

skathir Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2008
  2. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    "Update" is kind of subjective... I think they look worse

3. aerolord

aerolord Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2008
    ^ I suppose you haven't saw the new screenshot? Those in App Sotre/ AppShopper screenshot isn't new.

4. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    The Zoom and Pan is long overdue.

And I can't tell from those screens if those graphics are updated or not; someone needs to hand this guy a copy of Fieldrunners or 7Cities to see what the standard is. There's absolutely no reason why in 2009 a game has to look like such utter shit, especially a Tower Defense game.

5. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    Now that I think of it, you're right. Besiegement is not graphiclly pleasing.

6. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    no, I'm talking about the new UI, it's atrocious. The new tower symbols look like they were drawn in MSpaint and what is with the bright yellow divider?

[​IMG]

7. voldemort

voldemort Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    OMG, that's ugly

8. appreviewer

appreviewer Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2009
    agreed. graphics look alright but the symbols are nasty

9. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    You hit the nail on the head; this game looks like its visuals were designed after a 10 second crash course through MS Paint.

10. AceSh00t

AceSh00t Member

Feb 1, 2009
    i love it!!!

easy mode
    zoom
    red marks on ground thats not possible to build on

as for the design of buttons i couldn care less as long as i can see what it is...

Thanks to the DEV for an amazing gameplay! Best TD game.

11. DanM

DanM Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    England
    The new update is great! I can now do level 8 thanks to easy mode!

Also I like how each time you upgrade a tower, it changes, like the fire tower starts off as a little campfire and when you upgrade it to max it turns into a little dragon :) The same goes for every tower, they look awesome.

12. riceman360

riceman360 Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    the interface actually looks pretty good ingame, and it goes with the medieval theme of the game. there's also an option to use different graphics on the interface. my worry with the new graphics was it seems to be more of a side view and some towers might get blocked by taller towers (like FR) but it plays okay.

13. j416to

j416to Member

Feb 3, 2009
    The one thing nice about the price of iPhone games is that they allow you to explore and experience all kinds of different games, games that you might not otherwise try. And because it's rare that any one game can satisfy everyone's favorite aspect of gameplay, you can always cycle between a couple of similar games, each with their own strengths and focuses.

I own FieldRunners, The Creeps, 7 Cities, Zombie Attack, Crystal Defenders, and Besiegement. And I continue to enjoy them all. But I've been really impressed with the latest upgrade to Besiegement. I was also fortunate enough to have been a beta tester for this upgrade, so I've seen how much effort the developer has put into trying to satisfy everyone's requests, while still maintaining the extensive amount of gameplay features that's unique to this game.

This upgrade is incredible. All 8 towers now evolve as you upgrade them, both in character and animation. As DanM pointed out, the fire towers now change from small campfires into fire breathing dragons. The poison towers change from green flower into poisoned puff dragons, the wind towers change from windmills into a fenced in twisters. The gameplay animation is incredible. Because of the size of the maps, the number of towers you have to employ, the upgrades that you can select, and the number of enemies you have to defeat, the battlefield quickly become enormous, and the resulting animations are phenomenal.

Yes, the resolution of the graphics in Fieldrunners are amazing. But the that's due in part to the limited number of towers types and enemies that have to be animated at any given time. Plus the majority of the towers and enemies are mechanical, which are easier to animate because they require a minimal amount of movement. That's not a criticism, but it is a reality imposed by the choice of higher resolution graphics.

In Besiegement there are far more towers and enemies to animate on a much larger map, and because so many of them are they biological units, they're far more difficult to render and make believable. This game is massive, and given that reality, especially on an iPhone, the animations are nothing short of amazing.

I don't understand the fuss about the interface. It's not a game breaker. You don't even have time to look at it while you're playing this game.

I love the way the survivor runs around in Zombie Attack. The Creeps always puts a smile on my face. Figuring out new ways to handle the tower upgrades in 7 Cities is challenging. And watching the airplanes and helicopters burst into flames in Fieldrunners is always fun. But in Besiegement, the complex gameplay, and the massive battle field animations that result, are amazing.

I don't understand why anyone would hesitate to buy any of these games.

And anyone who doesn't own Besiegement is missing out on some serious fun.

14. organerito

organerito Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2008
    I really liked the update and it looks better than before.

15. Wow, people are harsh on the update. Personally, I think it's a huge improvement and I'm going back to play through it again!

16. DanM

DanM Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    England
    Level 8 crashes as soon as you try to load it :'(

17. Picticon

Picticon Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Yes, I submitted the fix a few hours ago. I am quite embarrassed, and I can not apologize enough.

It is only the level 8 path "Undead Party" and not the level 8 maze "Spiritual Conflict". You can play the maze version to move forward with the story and unlock the levels.

18. sygg

sygg Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2008
    Good update, I'll play this one more.

19. cptlockheed

cptlockheed Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
    IT professional since the 80's
    Finland
    Thanks picticon! I was waiting for the update before buying Besiegement. Will buy now!

20. smirnoffsky

smirnoffsky Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2009
    #20 smirnoffsky, Feb 16, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2009
    how i wish this game would go on sale... 3.99 is a good deal for its quality but 7 cities and creeps went down on sale just recently and am really tempted to get two games for the same price of 3.99 instead of just one game. it's just that this new update looks great and has me thinking real hard since i'm currently on a tight budget..... oh life!

edit: ahhh finally.... the price drop that I've been waiting for! bought it :)