Been out, please help, SP offline games for iPad

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Sceneshifter, Apr 6, 2011.

1. Sceneshifter

Sceneshifter Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Hey all,

I have been out of following the games for a while now, and everything changed again, awesome. Unfortunately there is no way to find what is good now, considering a month in iPad times is like a decade in normal times when it comes to game releases! Not having followed this for half a year, I'm way out of touch with what's out there.

I'm looking for a really nice game, that offers excellent Singleplayer value. I have angry birds, but I about had it with all the low graphics games. Preferably not motion sensor games, as I play them mostly on the airplane or train.

So, I noticed things like real racing 2, Nova 2, Dead space, Infinity blade. Dead space currently looking like the one I will buy this evening.

Is there any of those that I should get above any other? Or is this list way out of date and something nicer has been released?

Very many thanks, I'm sure these threads pop up once in a while, but it is impossible to keep up with this stuff!

2. Treefiddy

Treefiddy Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2010
    You've been away for AAAGES :)

NOVA games I'm not a fan of personally. I'm of the opinion that mouse and keyboard is the pinnacle of first person perspective control and don't really see the point in spending time in a compromised fashion on the tablet. There are games which truly benefit from a large touch screen so those are the ones I tend to recommend.

Dead Space is decent though at the same time I got it for the iPad I got Dead Space 2 for the PC. I never got back to the iPad version.

Infinity Blade is fun, has rpg elements (kit upgrades) and a certain skill element.

Racing games I use a controller so again, not really a tablet experience for me.

The games I'd really recommend are:

Hunters HD - a turn based strategy/shooter with rpg elements (upgrade trees, equipment). Good fun, challenging, strategic and works beautifully on touch screen. It has one or two little niggles but I have spend a lot of free time or delayed going to sleep to play it. It's superb.

Cut the Rope - if you don't already have it, get it. It's the gift that keeps on giving and even if it doesn't take long to complete, it will make you smile.

Sword & Sworcery - An experience closer to art but it's as close as you can get to a must buy. Get a good pair of headphones, a cup of tea and immerse yourself.

Slice - short, simple puzzle-type game with a sadistic twist but it's an original and the developers are worth following and supporting.

CRUX - if you like crosswords, not exactly a game but it's about the best out there and like Slice, the devs update regularly and are well worth supporting.

These would be my recommendations.

Also worth looking at; Yoot Tower, Max & the Magic Marker, World of Goo, Weird Worlds, Reckless Racing and no doubt others.

The reality is though that the first five are the ones I actually come back to and play repeatedly.

3. Jools75

Jools75 Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Secret Agent :-)
    Italy
    Go to Appstore and check for Aralon. Guaranteed to be a very enjoyable experience if you like rpg à la Elder Scrolls.