Been gone from iOS gaming for a few years... need recs!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by JCho133, Sep 14, 2018.

1. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Some of you might remember me, but I used to be very very active around here a few years ago. For about the past 2 years (or more) however, I've been pretty checked out from the scene and community, mostly due to my iPhone 6S just not being able to handle the heat in terms of gaming and storage.

I will FINALLY be upgrading my phone after 3 long years to one of those sexy new iPhone XSs, so I request from you all this:

What are the best Sci-Fi and stealth games from the past 2 years or so that I simply MUST play once I get my new phone?

2. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    I remember you — welcome back!

You are going to find a lot of options out there — over the past couple of years there has been a Steam-port trend that has made a lot of cool games available. There are also a fair amount of premium games that have bucked the free-to-play trend. Let me just give you three :

For stealth, check out Death Point. It’s a premium title and very much a hardcore stealth game, and should look fantastic on your new phone.

For sci-fi, I’ll give you two titles. Morphite is the closest iOS has to No Man’s Sky. The gameplay is different — the planets you explore are more level-like than the open landscapes of NMS. But there a vibe that feels similar. It’s also a fun game in it’s own right. Also, check out Jydge, an amazing dual stick shooter with an cyberpunk/Judge Dread theme.

Have fun with the new phone!

3. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Likewise sir! Good to see you.

In terms of Morphite, I was just looking at Crescent Moons Twitter before I saw your message lol! Will def grab that, I remember following the dev cycle but never got to play.

And JYDGE is the more missioned based one from 10tons right? Will def snag that... the last game I really grinded before dropping off was Pixelbite's XENOWORK so I bet that'll scratch a similar itch.

And holy wow! Death Point looks really damn good! Def will take the plunge on it. Do the mobile controls work pretty well for it?

4. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Yep on Jydge — unlike Neon Chrome, the levels are hand-built, not procedurally generated. And on Death Point, the controls work for me :).