Beejive IM Released to App Store

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by macbookairman, Sep 29, 2008.

1. macbookairman

macbookairman Active Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Hope to edit video professionally.
    Nebraska
  2. raps27

raps27 Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2008
    its to much 4 me, im waiting for some of the big name games so ill pass

3. lw1234

lw1234 Active Member

Sep 5, 2008
    This just might be the most pointless $15 program ever created. Those other IM program are free. Wow Im just shocked

4. mek

mek Well-Known Member

i used it as a free webapp, but no way would i pay 15 bucks when so many ones are free, and with no push forwarding, i dont im too much on zi iphone/touch

and i find it hard to burn through 10 bucks on apps that would actually keep my attention

5. macbookairman

macbookairman Active Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Hope to edit video professionally.
    Nebraska
    #5 macbookairman, Sep 29, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2008
    In my opinion, Beejive offers way more than any of the other IM Apps. Multiple Accounts logged in at the same time, stay logged in 24/7 with email alert when you get a new message, Landscape Mode, and more to come.

6. PeterM11

PeterM11 Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2008
    East Coast, USA
    shutup about the price!

for blackberries it's 30$!!!! I bought it and it is amazingly flawless!!!!! It's is very well worth it!!!
    Geez people.... I'm glad they made it so you have to buy to review....
    You know how much you paid fir your iPod/iPhone!? An you think 16$ is high!!! Wow... Amazing... You can stick with the freebies but beehive is for people who really use IM a lot and it's well worth it.
    25 stars from this buyer!
    BEEJIVE FTW!!!!!

7. mek

mek Well-Known Member

I understand where your coming from

but when you, and by you i mean me, spent $400 the first month, beta testing applications, you get a lil bitter about new apps that are expensive without hearing a lot of reviews

i like to try out demos, or see it live, or hear unbelievable honest reviews and videos

seeing as how i just have a touch right now, and are restricted to the internet only in free or registered wifi locations...IMing hasn't become habitual...maybe beejive can change that

8. lw1234

lw1234 Active Member

Sep 5, 2008
    I really love how noble you think you are. When I say 15 is too much, your retort is meant to make it seem like I am too cheap to understand the greatness of BeeJive, a 15 dollar IM application. This couldn't be farther from the truth.

I currently own over 100 iPhone apps. The 10 dollar apps I own are: SMB, RS2009, Crash NK3D, Asphault4, SW:TFU, Spore, Tetris, Scrabble, and more. I'm no stranger to expensive apps and I reward quality. 10 dollars is a pretty high price for a phone game, but the polish on many of these games is definitely worth the price. So after downing 300 for it handset, 100 a month in cell plan, and nearly 300 dollars in apps, forgive me if the wallet is a little stretches for an IM program.

If the program is "so unbelievably flawless!!!!!" and "FTW!!!", forgive me if I don't join in the celebration. IM has always been free for everyone, and if you can seriously justify 15 bucks (20 according to the website, and 30 according to you) then IM is a much bigger part of your life than mine. No offense to the developer, but I really don't see you selling too many copies at the current price.

On a separate note, people need to stop saying "and HOW much did you pay for the phone?" as justification for why you shouldn't complain about app price. The cost of the phone is DIRECTLY proportional to how much you have left to buy apps. Not everyone who has an iPhone is rich. I personally saved for mine, and I choose my apps carefully (though not carefully enough sometimes, considering how many I have), but don't act all high and mighty because you think the price is fair. Certain developers make games that are worth their 9.99 price (GameLoft) and there are those that don't (Namco). The consumer ultimately decides the worth of the game by purchasing it.

RPGguy released BlueSkies at 9.99. As an untested developer, people on these forums decided they couldn't justify paying 9.99 for an app they weren't sure they would like. He lowered the price to 5.99, and many of us immediately downloaded the game.

To me, the program is an IM program, plain and simple. Multiple accounts or not, notifications or not, it is an IM program on a crippled SDK (Apple's fault, not the developer's) that could never impress me enough to justify the price. Just don't act like Im cheap because of it.

I typed this whole thing on my iPhone...I'm exhausted ;)

9. vandy1997

vandy1997 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2008
    NJ
    I can predict a large number of sales once BeeJive brings this app down to below $5 (i.e., $4.99). Until then, only the biggest IM fans will purchase this app. That's just my point-of-view.

10. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    I have it and don't regret the purchase at ALL.

I was a big fan of the webapp version and was still using it instead of aim and mobilechat.

Beejive does everything right.

You have AIM, MSN, Yahoo, GTalk, Jabber, ICQ, Myspace. You get multiple accounts per login. You can Email conversations to yourself or others. You can stay logged in for a maximum of 24 hours!! You can give them your mobileme or yahoo adress and they notify you a message... which makes it a pseudo Push Notification. Landscape mode is a big deal for me cause beejive does it well and i chat all day for beta testing and friends. There are also individual status settings incase you want to appear Online on only a few messengers. And there is an Auto-Away feature incase you forget.

You also get an Amazing UI which is really important for me. You also have a ton os settings which lets you do things just the way you want.

11. ReformatPlanet

ReformatPlanet Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2008
    Film Producer
    NJ/NY
    I'll take Vegant's word for it, i trust his opinion, but still probably not for everyone.

Push still isn't working right? Doesn't that kind of cripple the functionality of any IM app? It would be great if i could have the program on and running in the background when i want to use it. I don't tend to get a crazy stream of IMs 24/7, but it's still nice to just be connected.