Beejive 3.0 update Out Now!! (Push Notifications)

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by ZekkRagnos, Jun 23, 2009.

1. Grumps

Grumps Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Feb 2, 2009
    iOS Game Developer
    How come mine says All Apps Are Up to Date??

2. AttackOfThePwned

AttackOfThePwned Well-Known Member

May 28, 2009
    Photographer
    San Francisco, CA
    Vegant, not sure but are you trying to redownload it? If so you will need to hook your device up to iTunes and download it for free that way otherwise if you are on WiFi and try to download it directly to your device they will charge you again.

3. AttackOfThePwned

AttackOfThePwned Well-Known Member

May 28, 2009
    Photographer
    San Francisco, CA
    Sorry for double post, Grumps if you didn't get the update I would delete it and then redownload from iTunes for free. I got the update last night, here in the USA.

EDIT: Also just to add make sure you are using OS 3.0.

4. GaiaIllusion

GaiaIllusion Well-Known Member

May 6, 2009
    Student
    加拿大
    Beejive working awesome for me. Push notifications are great even on my iPod.
    Now I just need to buy an iPhone to compliment this excellent service.

VeganTnT, if you're getting the no.paid.license thing, send an email to their support email with your UDID and receipt and they'll unblock it.

5. Drewswms

Drewswms Member

Apr 19, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Hmmm

Is BeeJive 3.0 really worth $10?:)

6. GaiaIllusion

May 6, 2009
    Student
    加拿大
    $10 is the sale price; and heck yes if you like to chat online with your friends a lot. Mobile is great!

7. theone1007

theone1007 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    Wow no push notifications sucks. I asked their support email and all they said is make sure push is on in settings and restart my device to see if it fixes anything. I told them it didn't work and haven't gotten a reply since... this is really disappointing because I was looking forward to push IM...

8. FlawlessCowboy

FlawlessCowboy Active Member

Jun 9, 2009
    My Push notifications did end up working, about 40 minutes later haha

9. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    Finally got it working. Everything is fine (waiting on my first push) except I can't sign into MSN even though I know the password is correct as I can sign into aMSN on my mac

10. Grumps

Grumps Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Feb 2, 2009
    iOS Game Developer
    Opp that must be why! I'm still on 2.2.1..with all the hype going around, i forgot that I haven't upgrade my device =)

11. spikey911

spikey911 New Member

Oct 17, 2008
    If your using a "Hacktivated" Iphone, then push notifications won't work....yet

12. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I'm considering buying this since I've got no "free" text messages with my account (just bought an iPhone 3G S, my first "real" cell phone. Yeah!) Paying $5 a month for something I might not use doesn't seem to make sense. Paying $10 once, though, that sounds a lot more palatable, and I do figure I'll have occasion to use it even if I don't use it a lot. Still... just not sure it's worth it to me. I'm not sure how I'll use a phone like this. All my past phones have been el-cheapo pay-as-go phones. Newbie question: will cell phone users somehow be able to send me a chat message via their texts? If so, how? EDIT: and can I chat with people via this application, and them using texting/MMS?

13. FlawlessCowboy

Jun 9, 2009
    Have to say, after the first couple of Push notifications taking their time coming through, Beejive has been totally instant for me from then on. Push is really working great with it.

If I remembered, it was similar with Star Defense too. The first time my friend challenged me, it took a good while for it to flash up. After that, any challenges sent to me have been instant.

Could there be a reason behind this?

14. GaiaIllusion

May 6, 2009
    Student
    加拿大
    Probably just first time server connection, then it'll register your device or something.

15. FlawlessCowboy

Jun 9, 2009
    Yeah I figured maybe something like that, but I really wasn't sure how Push worked.

16. Menneisyys

Menneisyys Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
  17. GaiaIllusion

May 6, 2009
    Student
    加拿大
  18. Menneisyys

Menneisyys Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
  19. Menneisyys