Bedlam Fantasy MMO - 10 Promo Codes

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by plamzi, Sep 25, 2012.

1. plamzi

plamzi Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2010
    10 promo codes will be PM'ed to those who post a brief statement in this thread about why they want to check out this particular game. General statements will be ignored--we're looking for smart players who are looking for something special.

Before jumping in, visit playbedlam.com to learn more, to see gameplay footage, and to play free via desktop. Follow us @ http://twitter.com/bedlam_mmo.

* Bedlam is NOT 3D, NOT a 2D scroller, and NOT a browser-based game. It's a graphical Multi-User Dungeon (MUD) with a vast real-time world, random loot, 14 special classes, hundreds of areas, thousands of different NPC's.

* NO subscription fees, NO in-app purchases or in-game unlocks.

* There are many ways to interact with the world, so the Bedlam app is extremely complex. Be patient and prepared to learn.

* We have a tight community of dedicated, mature players. Global channels are moderated and a policy is enforced to ensure fair play.

2. hawkinabox

hawkinabox Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2010
    Waterloo, ON
    Ok, I am actually excited about this game (which says a lot). It takes me way back to the good old days of online gaming. Its been a long time since a decent adventure, DnD (Eye of the Beholder) type of MUD has come out. Its like playing the old MUDs all over again except with great graphics and what looks to be a very sophisticated. And it definitely isn't just a hack and slash type. You really seem to have to think things through instead of aimlessly running about killing anything in sight.

Hopefully I will be honored enough to recieve one of the codes and provide you with some game experience feedback as well.

3. foxmulderino

foxmulderino Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Student
    Italy
    Wow devs... from your post I can see it's not a game for casual players!
    I'm out! Thanks anyway

4. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Yeah, I'm not all that smart, and most of my games are nothing special, so I don't stand a chance of getting a code...:rolleyes:;):D

DBC

5. plamzi

plamzi Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2010
    re: Bedlam promo codes

1 code sent to hawkinabox. 9 more are available.

6. Sezzar

Sezzar Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    I am a big fan of RPGs, been through many kinds, jrpgs with their engaging stories, DnD like baldur's gate with great lore and characters you fall in love with, first person RPGs like oblivion, skyrim with open world exploration. All left great memories. Yet I have shunned MUDs. I dunno why, I heard great comments about them from other friends but I never wanted to try it when I was young, perhaps its the lack of graphics engagement....but deep down inside I always wanted to try one, I am intrigued, curious and now I see one like Bedlam Fantasy MMO, it sets my inner fire burning again....

7. plamzi

plamzi Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Code sent to Sezzar, 8 remaining.

8. xxx_R3B0RN_xxx

xxx_R3B0RN_xxx Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    hi, I want this game a lot because, first, I am a very dedicated person, I will help give feedback and help improve the game, also, I love mmos, and after checking out this game on the website, this game seems like a game for me. I will really enjoy this game. Thanks.

9. jtall

jtall Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2012
    North Carolina
    #9 jtall, Sep 26, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2012
    I would love a code for this game! I used to play MUDS a ton when I was younger and was thinking of getting back into the genre. I have a lot of experience playing MUDs and RPGs in general. I like games that challenge me and make me think. Thank you for your consideration!

10. plamzi

plamzi Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2010
    One more code sent--7 left.

11. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    I could give you plenty of reasons...but I bought Your game on release :)

To those in this thread, Bedlam is a graphically enhanced M.U.D. My first experience playing a M.U.D. was back in the 80's when I was subscriber of the Pheonix BBS, which I connected to via a 1200 baud modem. Nowadays you usually play these games through either a browser window or, more commonly, a telnet interface.

It's graphically enhanced, and many of the commands can be executed through the very polished GUI...this isn't like playing a MUD back in the 80's with a text only interface. Also, the players are SUPER helpful, and overall, a great bunch of people.

Having said that, to enjoy this game, you need to know how to role play. Not how to play a rpg, but how to play a character. MUDs are the closest online equivalent to pen an paper RPGs, and, depending on the game (Bedlam doesn't seem to be super strict), you can be kicked out for not staying in character.

I hope I didn't hijack the thread dev, just thought I could help explain your game to the promo-hungry masses ;)