Because We May have a sale...on May 24-June 1!

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by DelBoy2181, May 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dclose

dclose Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    #61 dclose, May 22, 2012
    Last edited: May 22, 2012
    Thanks to this sale I'm discovering all kinds of games that I didn't know were out there, and I'm exploring the rest of what those developers have to offer too, on sale or not.

So yes, please stop hijacking this thread for pricing rants and other off-topic discussions.

I really appreciate the Because We May information being so well organized and available. There's such a wide-range of stuff on the lists that I'm copying the info down for my personal use, so I can refer to it after the sale is over. There's some new devs I've discovered thanks to this sale, and I really want to keep an eye out on what they're doing in the future too.

I'm planning on picking up a bunch of iPad versions of games I already own for my iPod Touch. I haven't done so yet because I've been buying new games for my new iPad, but a sale like this gives me a reason to revisit old favorites, in addition to discovering new things!

I never would've known about IceBurgers if not for this sale! What a crazy concept: a boat full of hamburgers, a mid-sea collision and a penguin, all combine to make a Boggle-esque word game?! Who'd a thunk it?! :)

And Pastry Panic? I've been seeing Twitters about that one, but haven't had a chance to check it out yet. I see it's on the list now too. Cool!

I also simply have to check out Pugs Luv Beats, as it looks off-beat enough to appeal to a few of the music-maker fans I know.

I love, love, LOVE Bag It HD (I already own it), but I'm happy to see that there too, and I'll be recommending my it to my friends as well.

There's some good-looking 4X strategy games there too, that I know my husband will be all over... LOL, this is going to be one expensive upcoming weekend!!

2. Neswii

Neswii Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2011
    I know many of you guys are always touchy about others not paying full price for games, but you have to remember, they may be developers, but we're consumers. I root for their success but I want to save money too.

Plus, we here are more like an unpaid marketing team, as we rate, and recommend the product if we love it. The developer doesn't need out extra 3 dollars as much as he needs our extra 5 star rating or the many sales they could potentially gain through word of mouth.

3. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    #63 LOLavi, May 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2012
    [Rudeness snipped] I'll just ask this: Which games are the must-haves(top 5)?

I have WoG, S:S&S, Waking Mars, Spider, Edge & Ex, Bean's, GLWG, Anomaly, Puzzlejuice, Robotic Hearts, Fieldrunners, LoE 2, Match Panic, Piyo Blocks 2, Silverfish, Pixman, Babylonian, Flying Hamster, Moki 2, Riptide, SMW v Santa, SL Factory, 1-bit.

So yeah I need some recommendations and those are the ones I already have. Thinking of F-Me-Not, Star Sloth, Gman Clive, Samurai II, Canabalt and Trainyard.

4. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    #64 metalcasket, May 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2012
    Definitely get Forget-Me-Not, Gunman Clive, Canabalt and Trainyard. Those are 4 apps that will never, EVER leave my phone.

5. dclose

dclose Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    If you haven't played Bag It HD, then you really should check it out. It's quite unique. I didn't think I'd like it, as I'm not a "tetris" fan, but then I played the light version and I was hooked! I bought it a while ago and have never regretted it. There's a lot of neat game play in that one.

Puzzlejuice worked for me along that same vibe. I highly recommend that one too.

I'm a fan of Osmos too. It's a keeper for me in my "zen" folder. Something to drag out when I want a few minutes of calm, quiet fun.

Cogs has been on my watch list for a while... I'm not sure what to think about that one. Anyone here played it? What did you think?

Optia looks very cool too, especially with the promise of 600 user-created levels. Anyone here tried that one yet?

6. Agas

Agas Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2011
    I already have lots of these games and here's some that I recommend heavily :
    Anomaly WE, Babylonian Twins, Bag It!, EDGE Extended, Eliss, Eufloria, iBlast Moki 2, Osmos, Puzzlejuice, Spider, Spirits, Superbrothers, Swords and Soldiers, Trainyard, Waking Mars, World of Goo, Zen Bound 2, Zombie Minesweeper

The one that I'm definitely picking now is Fieldrunners HD and World of Goo HD since I really love the iPhone version! I'm considering to buy Optia, Aaaaa, and some others too!

7. SSquared

SSquared Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Software Developer
    Pacific Northwest
    Hey! Glad I finally decided to check out this thread. I passed it over many times. I'm going to let others know about this sale, now, too. Many, many games I've never even heard of. Lots of stuff I need to read up on and check out reviews.

Thanks for the sale! Thanks for the updated list.

8. DodgerBlue016

DodgerBlue016 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2011
    I create awesome paper airplanes that I will sell
    Here
    I'd advise getting Spycorp as well. Very nice game with a ton of content.

For me, I think I'm gonna pick up Aaaaaa, 1bitNinja, Osmos, S&S, and something else. Only have $5 on me atm, so will probly have to restock so I can get some other fantastic looking games!

9. Card

Card Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    Toronto Canada
    Hopefully someone can post the full list on Thursday.

I'm planning to pick up World of Goo HD, Smiles HD, Eufloria HD, Anomaly Warzone Earth HD and Swords and Soldiers HD but I might be missing out on others. =)

10. dclose

dclose Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    sladeums is keeping an up-to-date list of the iOS participants in the sale, on the first page, fifth post down. I'm sure he'll repeat it here, too, on the 24th when the sale goes live.

If you're looking for games on other platforms, be sure to go directly to the website too, to check out that additional content.

11. sladeums

sladeums Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2012
    Omaha, NE
    I added Metacritic scores/links (where available) to the list in post 5.

Think those are all right ... I'm kinda wasted on cold medicine, atm.

Let me know if something looks jacked and I'll fix later.

12. UmbraVir

UmbraVir Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Student
    CT
    You rock

13. strivemind

strivemind Well-Known Member

All great games, and I already own almost all of them.

Definitely recommending some favorites:

- AaaaaAAaaaAAAaa AAAAaAAAAA!!! (Force = Mass x Acceleration)
    - Anomaly Warzone Earth
    - Bean's Quest
    - Canabalt
    - EDGE /Extended
    - Forget-Me-Not
    - League of Evil 2
    - Osmos
    - Revolt
    - Samurai II
    - Superbrothers
    - Super Mega Worm
    - Vincere Totus Astrum
    - World of Goo

14. injuwarrior

injuwarrior Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2011
    USA
    Thinking now might be a good time to buy some ipad versions of the best iphone ones in case I get an ipad soon. Anyone know some of the better ipad games on the list that are also universal? Already replace iphone version of World of Goo, Anomaly, and Sword and Sorcery with universal HD versions.

15. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    #75 awp69, May 23, 2012
    Last edited: May 23, 2012
    Looks like some of the sales may hit early. Canabalt (.99), Scrap Metal (.99), Anodia (Free) and Swords and Soldiers (.99) are showing up on price change apps. Prices haven't changed yet, but will probably in the next few hours.

16. nfong

nfong Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Do you guys still recommend Canabalt even if I have a few endless runners already? Like does the game bring anything new to the genre?

17. panama chief

panama chief Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    not a single NEW thing to speak of. not sure why its held on such a pedestal. id like to know why those robots in the background are reeking havoc....

18. mihimarcelo

mihimarcelo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2012
    Belém
    I was thinking the same. I just love this style of games.

19. Snozberry

Snozberry Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2012
    Has it already started? Toki Tori, cheeseman, and lemonade factory are already on sale..

Nothing I really want to pick up ( got everything Im interested in already.)

But I do recommend:
    Bag it!
    Grooh
    World of goo
    Beans quest
    puzzlejuice
    Eliss
    Eufloria
    Iblast moki 2
    Piyo blocks
    Flying hamster
    Ramps
    Zen bound 2
    Trainyard
    Cogs

20. Sri Ram

Sri Ram Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    #80 Sri Ram, May 23, 2012
    Last edited: May 23, 2012
    Nothing new, pretty basic, but it's a genre classic. Worth the $0.99 that it currently dropped to.
    You could try the online flash version for free.