"Because We May" - App Developers join in Sale (5/24-6/1)

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by dclose, May 18, 2012.

1. Oh, wanted to mention since there are so many free games on this sale, and some people either do not have the time or disk space to download them all.

I downloaded all the free games, and I recommend coins, escapology, and jimmy pataya. These are all free right now, and fun. Kind of weird that escapology didn't have any sound, but the puzzle gameplay is sound.

Hope this helps!

2. sladeums

sladeums Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2012
    Omaha, NE
    These were added yesterday.

Universal
    BubbleSand $1.99 -> $0.99
    Kitten Sanctuary $1.99 -> $0.99
    Memagine $1.99 -> Free
    Save the Cubes $1.99 -> $0.99

iPhone
    Almanaque Anos 80 $1.99 -> $0.99
    Untangle It $0.99 -> Free

3. dclose

dclose Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Absolute must-own for match-3 fans!!

4. Agas

Agas Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2011
    If any of you like Fairway Solitaire, then get Ski Solitaire. It's similar and good!!

5. sladeums

Feb 2, 2012
    Omaha, NE
    I thought this was really good, too.

The only thing was while I was playing it I kept wondering, why are the cards so freakin' small ?
    There is (comparatively) a ton of screen real estate not being utilized that should allow them to just make the cards bigger without really having to compromise anything, imo.

Kinda irritated me.
    Fun game, though.

6. Card

Card Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    Toronto Canada
    ^ Thanks I'll check out Ski Solitaire.

7. sladeums

Feb 2, 2012
    Omaha, NE
    These titles were added yesterday :

Universal
    COR3 HD $1.99 -> $0.99
    Orbeats $2.99 -> $0.99
    Save the Cubes $1.99 -> $0.99
    Words Deluxe $1.99 -> $0.99
    Zen Warrior Gold $4.99 -> $0.99

iPad
    Huggles $1.99 -> $0.99

iPhone
    60 second maths challenge $2.99 -> $0.99
    Fishing Bears $1.99 -> $0.99
    Untangle It $0.99 -> Free

8. AlienSEX

AlienSEX Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2011
    #148 AlienSEX, May 29, 2012
    Last edited: May 29, 2012
    Zen Warrior Gold is the BEST GAME EVER made in the history of mankind!!!

IT'S THE BEST OF THE BEST OF THE ULTIMATE SUPER BEST FUNNEST everyone should get this GAME!!!
    :D:D:D

9. MeanTuna

MeanTuna Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Writer
    Im intrigued by this one, is it like SF or more swipe and slash ala Infinity Blade. Any impressions?

10. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

Um. Huh?

My sarcasm meter is confused.

11. UmbraVir

UmbraVir Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Student
    CT
    yeah i heard some poor reviews of the original zen warrior...

12. sladeums

Feb 2, 2012
    Omaha, NE
    These titles were added yesterday :

Universal
    Chronicles of Herenvale $1.99 -> Free

iPad
    Jumbled HD $0.99 -> Free
    wild motor $0.99 -> Free

iPhone
    Charadium PRO $1.99 -> Free
    Jumbled $0.99 -> Free
    Pro Tennis Volley $0.99 -> Free
    SpinGem $0.99 -> Free
    Super Cavemen $0.99 -> Free

13. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    ^^ Thanks again for keeping up. You've done a bang up job on this sale and it's appreciated!

14. sladeums

Feb 2, 2012
    Omaha, NE
    :D
    : thumbsup :

15. dclose

dclose Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Now that this sale is coming to an end, I just wanted to thank the devs who participated, and the organizers too, because I found so many great apps that I never would've known about otherwise! And developers to keep an eye on for their next projects, too!

16. OneMinuteGames

OneMinuteGames Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2010
    iOS Game Developer
    And I would like to thanks everyone who gets Commander Pixman during that sale :) Hope you will not regret that!

And thse who missed it - there is still a couple of hours left!

17. Snake Eater

Snake Eater Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2011

I personally don't understand the praise, I tried it on a friends iPad and found it very dull

18. Yeah, I too would like to thank the developers for this sale. I bought:

World of goo hd
    Iblast moki 2 hd
    Aaaaa force mass acceleration
    Anomaly warzone hd
    Chopper 2
    Get outta my galaxy hd
    Zenbound 2
    Osmos hd
    Pro zombie soccer hd
    Sparkle 2 hd
    Spirits hd

All games I recommend, I actually had a lot of these games already on my iphone and used this sale to upgrade and buy the hd versions. Aaaaa fma was the sleeper that is fun and I really recommend this game. Go to options and invert view, it is funner that way.

Also have the edge games, silverfish, riptide, great little wargame, all good games too.

This week there were a lot of sales, also picked up deadspace hd, command and conquer hd, need for speed hot pursuit hd, grand theft auto 3, slingshot racers, razor salvation, and shift unleashed hd.

So gotta put some time out to play all of this. And of course, bought some new games like inferno+, webbies, tunnel shoot hd, and want to buy virtua tennis and air mail.

Wish they would have sales like the may one every month! But then, I would go broke, so maybe it's all good.

19. DelBoy2181

DelBoy2181 Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2011
    London, England
    I've got both versions, bought the iPhone one at full price but got the HD version on sale for £0.69. I don't think Osmos is everybody's cup of tea but when I played it on my brother's iPod Touch I knew I had to have it.

If you like games that require patience and thought, tied in with a relaxing/chill out soundtrack, then this game is for you. It's the kind of game you want to play when you want to forget about the worries and stress around you or wind down after a long day. There are admittedly a few levels where quick thinking and reflexes are required, perhaps to balance the game a bit?

Osmos is a great game that I hold in high regard, is one of my top 10 games and has never crashed on me, but it's only for you if you're into such games.

20. I too bought this initially for my iphone, but it kind of sat there unplayed because the size of the ball size was small and my finger seemed to get in the way of the view. Also, it did seem a little dull at times as others have mentioned.

But I decided to get the hd version becaus I love playing games on my new ipad, and I have to say it looks and plays great on a new ipad. In fact, my view on this game has changed greatly. I really like this game now. Especially when I use a stylus with my new ipad, this game is really fun.

So I recommend this game for new ipad users, iphone users maybe not so much. I am glad this sale showed up because I probably wouldn't have bought this game at full price, since I already had the iphone version. But now that I did, I am pleasantly surprised how good the game is on my new ipad.