Universal Beben III - (by Ronny Stiftel) (Play Quake III on iPhone)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Jan 8, 2014.

1. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Lol ikr

2. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Don't think so, he responded on his website 3 days ago that he submitted a new version fixing the iPhone 4s issues (and I believe it will have additional control options and other fixes too):

3. QuakeAZ

QuakeAZ Member

Oct 23, 2013
    Mechanic / Line Cook
    Arizona, USA
    This update is taking a LONG time. I also am having the black screen issue.

4. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Im pretty sure he has abandoned the game by now

5. oldsnake

oldsnake Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    #105 oldsnake, Feb 17, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
    Update it's out:
    What is new:
    fixed iphone 4/4s crash
    2 additional control types (2 pads, accelerometer)

next version will add MFI controller and bluetooth keyboard support

I notice the download size of the App: 423MB compressed,so,uncompressed can be more..it's seem that the only reason,not write in the update description,it's cause now all the 3 game are installed inside the App..

6. seantyas

seantyas Well-Known Member

May 27, 2009
    Definitely a step in the right direction. Move to pad needs to be free, in that it needs to appear wherever u put ur finger (or not appear) it justs to be let half of screen=movement.

Fire button is welcome, though many will say they want to customize position. Getting there!

Thanks to the dev for listening

7. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Was version 1.0 over 400 megs also? I remember it was like 650 megs only because I put a retail copy of quake 3 in it.

8. oldsnake

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    No,it was not more than 10MB,but with all the 3 game downloaded(Open Arena,Quake Shareware and quake 3 became 477MB)so now they are already installed inside the app the 3 games?

9. originalcopy

originalcopy Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    operarena and quake3 shareware are ok to install, but full quake3? And I dont get why they allowed a source port without any data to be sold on the appstore in the first place.

10. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    I imagine if quake 3 was bundled you'd have some lawyers knocking on your door soon, especially if the app is a paid app.

11. Mythbuster

Mythbuster Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
    There is nothing included! You have to download / transfer all game files like it was before!

12. oldsnake

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    Nothing included? I'm confused,if the 1.0 version was near to 10MB,how can be the actual version 423MB? For what 423MB?really strange..

13. Mythbuster

Mythbuster Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
    The download is still small ... and: If you download within the game the game files, the App Size will not become bigger ... so maybe the game generates a Kind of an empty "placeholder"? :confused:

14. oldsnake

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    Yes,it's what I also think..

15. conv1ct1on

conv1ct1on New Member

Jun 20, 2016
    Canada
    Hey iOS world. New to toucharcade. I know this is a "zombie" thread however I just found out about this beben iii app so bare with me# Instead of emailing the dev I chose to come here because there seems to be a lot of support and interest for this. I never played this on PC but I loved quake 3 on dreamcast and ps2 and now that it's an option for ios is awesome. I just love old school shooters. My friend lent me his copy of quake 3 to see if it worked. And it worked flawlessly after I made a correction of not using the zip of the iOS.pk3 file instead of the unzipped version. I thought it would unzip automatically but nope. Ha. Anyway my question is what exactly does that console mode do. Does it have something to do with the controls or is it something to do with settings for the console version vs PC version. I don't see an immediate change to anything so I'm not sure if I should enable/disable it. Thanks to anyone who rises from the dead to respond on this "zombie" forum. P.S. I want to thank "icflyingblade" because the controls were completely screwed up. Especially the left analogue with turning left/right as well as moving forward and back. Just unplayable to me. But it's all fixed thanks to "icflyingblade" kudos man##