Universal Beben III - (by Ronny Stiftel) (Play Quake III on iPhone)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Jan 8, 2014.

1. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Ya I tried neon shadow a couple times. Mayb I'll give it another go. Not rlly interested in campaigns. Wanna try this but I don't have access to the quake files. God I want to play this so so damn badly. Mayb u cld give my noobish computer skilled ass some insite on wht to do. Dying to play this online!!!

2. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Same here. One of the few freemium games I truly enjoyed, even with the timers and all that.

3. H4nd0fg0d

Mar 30, 2010
    Yup, oh how I miss my maxed out RipperPro, Vaporizer, and trusty old MagrailPro! My all time fav, all time.

4. seantyas

seantyas Well-Known Member

May 27, 2009
    Ah, I think MAYBE n issue some of you have with the "switched" axis is maybe since the "movement joystick" is stationary, maybe you go off that joystick at which point, even on the left side of the screen, it becomes a look, throwing off your direction COMPLETELY.. this happens to me a lot now and I was wondering what i was doing wrong, but yea so that can add to my suggestion:

Have the movement stick appear wherever the left thumb is touching the screen. Gameloft games do this. in fact so does Doom Classic on the ios.

It should only appear on the left half of the screen, the right half should be reserved for looking/turning.

I tried the game on my ipad mini last night and this seems to be 10x more ideal than on my phone. I was actually winning but only on easy difficulties. the shoot double tap is brutal and unforgiving in quake, and wastes loads of ammo.

like i said, just map ur controls to Nova 3 or Modern Combat 3/4, and you're flying.

5. Tommet

Tommet Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2011
    iPad mini with retina. Grabbed open arena. Looks great. Can look around, shoot... But can't move.

6. Tommet

Tommet Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2011
    Mini retina. Here. Joypad does nothing. I can look around by swiping the screen, but I can't move.

7. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    You have a point there with the joystick overlapping into the look area. I can walk with the joystick but I HAVE to turn. It's impossible for me to just walk straight, I'm constantly swerving left or right like a drunk driver who doesn't know how to let go of the wheel. Never imagined that there would be so many different control issues based on device. Figured that it would've worked similarly across all ios devices.

8. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

The number of hours I spent playing eliminate... Seems like a lifetime ago now!

9. H4nd0fg0d

Mar 30, 2010
    Same problem for me. If I play single player open arena, my controls work fine. If I play multi player my left side(movement) doesn't work. All I can do is swipe to look around and remain stationary. I'm on an iPhone 5S. Rlly sucks. I so want some multiplayer.

10. H4nd0fg0d

Mar 30, 2010
    Not very sure how much support there's gonna b for this game, but I sure wish the controls wld work correctly. As I said, in open arena, my controls wrk perfectly. Multiplayer, however, is a different story the settings all seem to b the same as in single player, but the left side(movement stick)is not working. Can only look around and shoot. Playing on iPhone 5S. Any insite wld b greatly appreciated. Btw, the double tap and drag to shoot is fine as thts exactly how u used to shoot in EliminatePro, which I always liked.

11. MicroByte

MicroByte Well-Known Member

I got some feedback when I posted a comment on the mac-and-i.net site about the game not working on my iPhone 4S. I would try posting some comments about issues there. I think I'll post a comment asking the dev to come to this thread.

12. zergslayer69

Apr 21, 2010
    Got a link to the thread or maybe you could copy and paste the feedback on things we can try?

13. H4nd0fg0d

Mar 30, 2010
    Reinstalled open arena. Controls now wrk correctly. Very very hard to play against who I assume are players using a mouse. Struggle to get 1 kill. So not fun, but kinda fun. Wld b grand to b able to play against other idevices exclusively. Thnx for feedback.

14. x999x

x999x Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Picked this up instantly. Looking forward to updates, this is just too damn good not to polish. If it eventually controls anywhere near what Gameloft does, then this will easily be my end all game of choice. Moga support would be sweet too :)

15. H4nd0fg0d

Mar 30, 2010
    Ya, awesome game. The controls aren't bad at all. The problem is online. I think ur pitted against those using a mouse, which leaves u at an enormous disadvantage. It wld b optimal to play against other mobiles only. Don't c tht happening tho. Cheers.

16. Tommet

Tommet Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2011
    Mine does not work in single player.

17. epik5

epik5 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2013
    I followed all the instructions to install quake 3 after opening i got this! Also it takes too long to download openarena and the shareware pf quake 3 but its still a great idea! Need a better file for quake 3, anyone has a perfect working one?

18. zergslayer69

Apr 21, 2010
    Hope this game doesn't get abandoned now that it's no longer on front page. So much potential!

19. H4nd0fg0d

Mar 30, 2010
    Yup, wld b a true shame.

20. boorch

boorch Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2011
    happydoze.com
    You need to add ios 7 controller support asap!