Beatmaker 1.3!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Gravytron, Dec 5, 2008.

1. Gravytron

Gravytron New Member

Nov 23, 2008
    Hell yes. Improved quantization, piano roll, 4bar sequences, audio recording (instantly useable) filters, new effects, triplets!!!! I'd pay 100 bucks for this truly! It's getting powerful. Shit, I'm $5,000 into mpc's and synths.

2. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    Dammit. I just got home from 24 hour road trip and was about to go to bed when i saw this. Now I have to stay up to try it out.

I was one of the many people who begged the devs to add a piano roll. This is just too much.

I would have happily paid $100 or more for this app. $20 for this and $10 for Noise.io is like stealing.

3. Mahaa93

Mahaa93 Well-Known Member

Do you know how many more sales they made with $20 as the price than if it was $100? People would have ran away at the sight of it. Plus, the $20 price point makes it obvious that they made more than 5X the number of downloads on top a hefty revenue. If it was $100, this might not be the case.

4. Chase

Chase Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2008
    I really, really want this app. Unfortunately, I don't have $20 laying around. :p

5. darwiniandude

darwiniandude Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2008
    Dude, if you have interest in music, proper music making software (not like Band which is a toy) then you have to find $20 somewhere, you REALLY have to. This thing makes most of the gear I sell obsolete/unneeded... it's seriously good.

6. Peter321

Peter321 Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2008
    Male
    Awesome

This program is amazin, and for only $20 :eek:

If this was on a computer it would easily cost 5 times that much.

7. jlake02

jlake02 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2008
    Manager
    Los Angeles
  8. TSP

TSP Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Sep 14, 2008
    Male
    Teacher.
    Sweden
    Need a lite version to try before buying. Looks interesting but need to see if I can use such small screen to create patterns etc.

9. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    The screen pans so the buttons are a decent size. The interface is actually very nice.

10. Finchypoo

Finchypoo Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2008
    Seriously awesome

Beatmaker is really an amazing program. Its one of the first really good apps I found for the iPhone and still one of the few that really feels like it was designed well for the iPhone. Especially for how complex it is.

As cool as Noise.io is beatmaker is just way more polished and has a really great flow to it.

11. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    I finally sat down and really tried this update out. I'm changing "would happily pay $100 or more" to $200 or more. This is amazing.

I still haven't seen the piano roll. Does anybody know what I'm missing?

12. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    Make that $30. Noise.io is $10;)

They been working together to integrate the two apps. When they do, it'll too amazing. I've never liked synths before, but Noise.io won me over.

13. madsoul

madsoul Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    i cant find it either... thats the only thing i really was looking forward too.

14. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    I looked at the iTunes page again and doesn't actually say "piano roll" it says "pitch and pan step editor" which is basically a piano roll. I'll have to look for it again later. It it works well, I might crap myself...

...not really:rolleyes:

15. Finchypoo

Oct 10, 2008
    that Piano roll your talking about is under the Step Editor's category at the bottom of the screen when editing a pattern, its called Pitch.

I haven't used it yet though.

16. Finchypoo

Oct 10, 2008
    I alyways liked music played with synths but never knew anything about them. After Noise.io and MiniSynth I was hooked....so much so that I went the complete opposite direction and bought one of these off ebay

As fun as iphone synths are you cant beat a whole butt load of knobs

[​IMG]

Alesis Ion

17. powderski11

powderski11 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2008
    Haha yeah synths arent the same on a touch screen.

Beatmaker is one of the few apps that you can actually get somewhere with. Some of my best jams came from beatmaker, rather than somethink like it in real life (which would definately top 20 bucks).

18. mattyduk

mattyduk Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2008
    just bought beatmaker and really impressed with it.

However is there any easy way to adjust sounds to produce a lead line/melody ? Is it just adjusting the pitch on each sample (say a piano or guitar) or am I missing something easier ?

cheers

Mat

19. VirtualAlex

VirtualAlex Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    Can we get a link in this thread?