Universal Beatbuddy HD (by THREAKS)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Andy C83, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

Yeah, this is awesome. I highly suggest wearing a high end set of earphones. The game is so cool and sounds incredible with my Sol Republic Master Tracks. You have to play the game to really appreciate it, videos and screen shots just won't due.

Tap to move to location, tap and hold to continue moving. There's a different control setup as well but the defaut one worked great for me. THUMPING soundtrack is implemented in an incredibly unique way. The different enemies are all parts of a drum kit. As you get near an enemy, their specific sound, or drum part gets louder.

Seems like a relatively lengthy game, lots of cool achievements, fun puzzle/music/adventure game that looks and plays great on a larger screen. Seriously, it's well worth the 5 bucks.

2. Pipipitchu

Pipipitchu Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Anyone played it on an iPad 3?

3. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    Thankfully, Beat Buddy HD runs smoothly on the iPad Air. completely worth it too!
    The only game I've been having trouble with on IOS 7.1.2 is Gunfinger. It freezes at the Gamecenter screen.

4. Froghut

Froghut New Member

Oct 2, 2014
    I'm a programmer working for Threaks, the guys who made Beatbuddy. It's really great that you guys enjoy the game for PC and now also for iOS! Seeing people having fun with something you helped to create is really great! :)

5. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    This game is amazing, thanks

6. Megadestructo

Megadestructo Member

May 13, 2014
    Community Manager
    SoCal
    Thank you for all the kind words, everyone! Months of blood, sweat, and beers :)

7. I was about to buy this game. And i saw it's only for late generation of iDevice... Well you just lost one potential fan of your game.

8. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Same here. But I may get it on Steam later. It's weird though, this is the first game I've ever looked up and there was a screenshot saying my device wasn't supported.

9. Froghut

Froghut New Member

Oct 2, 2014
    Beatbuddy for iOS is basically the full PC game with all the features and graphics quality, we optimized all we could but some older devices are just not strong enough.

10. smes3817

smes3817 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Massachusetts, USA
    I feel like more people need to be talking about/playing this game. I've played it on PC and it's absolutely incredible. Gameplay, music, crazy polished, premium, it seriously has it all in spades.

11. copaeci

copaeci Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    student, writer, reviewer, beta tester
    ID
    The game can't be played on that device (my friend told me about it)

12. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Touch Arcade forums' Game of the Week nominee
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Beatbuddy HD was successfully nominated for Touch Arcade forums' Game of the Week poll. Come and vote for your favorite release while the poll is open over the next three days.

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=244299

Developers cannot vote for their own game. Participants may not create an account just to vote

13. qbeecle

qbeecle New Member

Oct 3, 2014
    Game Impressions

the graphics are nice and the background songs are awesome. Other than those, I think it could use much improvements..

The game fell flat on my playing experience due to repetitive gameplay and dull puzzles. there's not much to do other than swim here, break this barrier, open the gate, and just keep swimming.. swimming.. swimming..

i didn't get the story either..

but i'd love to buy the music album. pretty solid techno music you have there

14. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    Doh hah, tried launching this game on my air 2, was informed that the ga,e is not designed for my device and I was linked to a refund request page.

15. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    I decided to get this for .99 today and it is amazing! Not sure why more people haven't been discussing this game!