Universal Beat Street (By Lucky Kat Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Nov 15, 2017.

1. MrToffee79

MrToffee79 Active Member

Sep 1, 2012
    Is there any way to turn off tactical feedback in the game?

2. Lucky Kat

Lucky Kat Well-Known Member

We'll add that in the next update. Thanks!

3. JackDerp

JackDerp Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2015
    Does this require an internet connection?

4. Lucky Kat

No, it does not

5. JackDerp

JackDerp Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2015
    Awesome!

6. JohnnyClash

JohnnyClash Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2016
    #26 JohnnyClash, Nov 16, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
    It's been featured by Apple today. Looking forward to trying co-op. Awesome Game.

7. dadiduekappa

dadiduekappa Well-Known Member

This is a little gem. All I want from a mobile game: double dragon, pixel art, one finger, co-op, new moves, upgrade system, sort of story, many levels.
    Great job guys!!! I hope you will support the game for long time.:D

8. brianj22

brianj22 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2016
    I mean. I see your point. While people tend to only eat one slice of cake, the option to eat the whole thing is still there if someone wanted to. Weird to have we don't want you playing our game too much as the defense but anyhow, I'll check it out cuz Lucky Kat games are fun!

9. Wicked8146

Wicked8146 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 17, 2009
    Dinosaur hunter
    Los Angeles
    I am having fun with this game and the energy does not bother me. Great little beat em up.

Randomly though I was playing today and the frame rate dropped so far that I was playing in slow motion. Not sure why this happened. I didn’t have very many apps open. I am on an iPhone 7 with 11.1.1 iOS. It was odd. I’ll let you know if it happens again.

10. Lucky Kat

Please do let us know - I had this problem as well, but couldn't reproduce.

11. melvin2898

melvin2898 Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2011
    Cool game but the online is bad from what I can tell. Now, I am not on iOS 11 which could be the issue? But it makes 0 SENSE to have a forum where we have to post codes to join each other. I'm not sure why the developers did this. Perhaps, they make more money by promoting this service or something but right now, it sucks. I like the game but I hate the online.

I have to check and find posts that are a minute or so old, enter in the code, and then...it doesn't work. So far, it will stop at "Starting at 1" and never put us together in a match or the person will leave.

Wouldn't it be much easier to have a LIST OF MATCHES TO JOIN or RANDOMLY PUT US IN MATCHES WITH STRANGERS?! I don't mean to be rude but come on....Why was a forum the first thing that came to mind?

Also, is there any chance of new controls? While using one hand is working fine, maybe there could be some button controls too?

Finally, are you done updating Combo Critters? It's been a while and I think I'm on the "final" world.

12. Lucky Kat

That's some great feedback! We are looking into how to make random matches - hopefully we can add that soon in an update. However, the best way to start multiplayer is to invite someone over using the message system.

Regarding controls, there's also landscape support, you might want to try that.

About Combo Critters - great you're in the final world. The system is not made to scale easily (FYI: there are more than 6K combinations made by hand). We are thinking to make Combo Critters 2, where we can easily expand.

13. epicguynn

epicguynn Member

Nov 17, 2017
    It was fun but really buggy. We were sitting next to each other and the frames were inaccurate in each other's screens or it would appear that one of us was just standing around instead of fighting.

14. pisiform

pisiform Active Member

Aug 10, 2014
    Really enjoying this. Double dragon was one of my earliest arcade experiences.

There's a bug relating to the ads at the end of the round. I play in landscape and it hangs with no way of closing the add to get back to the game. Playing in portrait shows a way to close it.

Hope it's easy to fix

15. melvin2898

melvin2898 Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2011
    Thanks for getting back to me so quickly!

16. Lucky Kat

We know. However, when you just look on your screen, which is the purpose, the experience should be just fine.

Thanks for playing and hope you are enjoying it!

17. Lucky Kat

We’ll look into this. What happens when you try to switch back to portrait when you see the ad?

18. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

Played the first level then forced ad. Fun game, but not into forced ads or timers, deleted. Good luck on your game.

19. pisiform

pisiform Active Member

Aug 10, 2014
    Actually I realised it's happening in portrait as well. Often hangs at the end of ads between rounds with no way of exiting them. Have to force quit the app to carry on. Fun game though