Universal Beat Street: a beat 'em up playable with one hand by Lucky Kat

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Lucky Kat, Mar 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    I still think the balancing is off....unless this hasn't been updated yet?

Been playing a lot (well as much as energy allows. Would purchase IAP to remove on launch) and it's a great game, but....still haven't been able to unlock any additional characters (their tokens are way too rare) and unlocking chests is rediculous as I never get gems.

This game has so much potential to be an instant classic but fear f2p will hold it back.

I do love it though so hoping it changes.

2. rezn

rezn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 8, 2014
    Male
    Coder/Keyer in medical ICD 10
    Reno, NV
    Just received my invite. Super excited for this one. Especially after all the fun I’ve had with Road Warriors! Thanks again for the invite Lucky Kat. ##

3. Stroffolino

Stroffolino Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 28, 2009
    Software Engineer
    Pennsylvania
    Been playing through the refreshed beta and new levels. I like now being able to use 'flash kick' to take out bikers, and it's now much easier to run straight right/left. The cosmetic improvements to loading screen and "auto" function for equipping items are appreciated.

Logically, it seems like the flash kick should also work to take out the charging punk haired enemies.

The occasional release of food mid-level is new and appreciated, and the new (cosmetic) level themes are nice.

I have not yet managed to unlock additional characters, and don't fully understand how the power up system works. There are tokens, incentive ads, and eventually coins to be spent, but I don't quite get what's going on there.

Some of the cinematic "VS" fights are underwhelming. For example, occasionally there will be a VS battle featuring a few enemies in a group.. that are easier than the screens leading up the battle. The new "cat" villain looks nice, (initially as a one-on-one boss fight) but doesn't appear to pose any new threat/challenge. There's a new canine villain that has a dash punch which is promising, but he's also not actually any more tricky to take on than previous enemies - you can just crowd and spaz to take him out. There's a big rat with gun introduced pre-beta that I've never seen actually use the gun. The girls that block and slide attack are by far the toughest enemies in the game.

I do think having villains with missile attacks (like the knife throwing guys in Final Fight) would go a long way to adding more challenge/tactics to the game.

4. Patthegymnast

Patthegymnast Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2016
    Cant wait to play it! Still waiting patiently for the invite! But i know ill be able to play it soon! Keep up the great work Lucky Kat!❤️

5. rezn

rezn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 8, 2014
    Male
    Coder/Keyer in medical ICD 10
    Reno, NV
    #105 rezn, Jul 30, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
    Just submitted my first doc response. I’m at level 12-13 been doing a bit of grinding just to get beffed up a bit. It’s a fresh take on a classic genre, without a doubt!

I’m also trying to unlock some characters. Close to 2 of them. But it really makes replayability much more fun.

6. Stroffolino

Stroffolino Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 28, 2009
    Software Engineer
    Pennsylvania
    Holy meat cleaver! There's a proper boss fight on level 35.

7. Naalsi

Naalsi Member

Jul 17, 2017
    Looks great, any news on the release date?

8. Lucky Kat

Lucky Kat Well-Known Member

You're right, the balancing is still off. We're still working on it :)

9. Lucky Kat

Not yet, but definitely expect it in a couple of months!

10. Lucky Kat

:) We're making the boss fights tougher! Thanks for the feedback!

11. Patthegymnast

Jan 12, 2016
    Hey Lucky Kat! How many characters are there to unlock? Still waiting but the game play looks very smooth!

12. Lucky Kat

4 characters for now!

13. Lucky Kat

Hey guys,

Sorry we haven't updated for a while as we weren't 100% satisfied with the direction we were going in. Pleaser understand, we are super passionate about making a content heavy beat em up for mobile devices. It's our biggest project ever and we want to make sure it's FUN.

• We've redesigned more than 50 levels to have a better build up

• Added cut scenes for story line purposes

[​IMG]

• Redid all the animations for the main character, Lee

[​IMG]

• UI redesign (still working on this)

[​IMG]

New beta tests coming up this weekend!

To make up it for the silence, here's a short teaser trailer of Beat Street:

14. Patthegymnast

Jan 12, 2016
    Hey... been waiting for an invite for months now! Ik your busy so no rush! But reallocate want to play this game! Looks awesome!

15. Lucky Kat

Sorry! Really doing our best here!

16. Patthegymnast

Jan 12, 2016
    I know i know! No rush at all guys! Just wanna let you know!

17. Patthegymnast

Jan 12, 2016
    Hey... got the invite! Amazing job! Love it! Can you add a ninja character if there isnt one? But love it!

18. Lucky Kat

Will put on the to-do list :D

19. Lucky Kat

We have got some great news! Beat Street will release on November 16th

Here's the trailer:

Ever since the start of Lucky Kat Studios, we've tried to crack the code of making a single touch beat 'em up for mobile devices. We loved playing beat 'em ups like Double Dragon, Final Fight, Turtles in Time in our childhood. Though this genre never really took off on mobile platforms, we hope to change this with Beat Street.

20. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    That trailer is sick!!!