Universal Beat Street: a beat 'em up playable with one hand by Lucky Kat

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Lucky Kat, Mar 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raravan

raravan Well-Known Member

May 18, 2014
    lol, yeah! i mean grind*!

2. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    I'm not sure if my feedback has been going through the TestFlight app over the last week or so.
    Here is the last feedback I've sent.

I think you should be able to go back through any level that you have beat with three stars and play it again at a higher level in which the enemies are more difficult by adding more health , attack dmg, and extra enemies. You could even make it turn into platinum stars to show you have went back and played them again.
    I think this would add even more playing time and hours without having to add more levels and whatnot to make the game bigger and better.
    It would def keep me playing a lot longer and give it more value.

3. Lucky Kat

Lucky Kat Well-Known Member

Thank you for the nice feedback. I'm curious to know why you need to grind already, and what you are grinding for? That shouldn't be the case for the first levels!

4. Lucky Kat

Thank you so much!!! Can I ask until which level you've played?

Swipes Good one! I'm gonna discuss this with the team

Grab movements Will be added to the tutorial this week. We added this last moment; run into an enemy to grab, and swipe to throw them away

Enemy AI We've changed the AI a lot over the couple of weeks. There are some enemies who only dash, did you run into that punker guy?

5. Lucky Kat

Thank you!!!

6. Stroffolino

Stroffolino Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 28, 2009
    Software Engineer
    Pennsylvania
    Up to level #14 at the moment.
    Ran into a bug twice at the start of this level: while fighting near top-left of the first screen, the player can 'teleport' offscreen, somewhere on the bottom-left. All enemies congregate near the bottom left of the screen, and there's no obvious way to get the player back onto the playfield to continue without quitting the game and restarting. I can provide screenshot if this is unclear. Not 100% sure on steps to reproduce, but hopefully the above is sufficient to investigate.

Yes, the punk rocket guy and motorcycle guy are interesting enemies. I've only been able to take out the motorcycle guy with a running punch. I thought that the special charge move would work (like a Guile flash kick), but didn't have luck with that.

Take it easy,
    Phil

7. RunnyBagel

RunnyBagel Member

Jun 30, 2017
    Game looks really good!!!

8. LeoMoraes

LeoMoraes Active Member

Jul 15, 2017
    The earlier levels are easy enough. After this, they get
    tough. and you need coins to buy equipments and tokens.
    I'm on level 17 trying to make my 2 fighters stronger, gathering coins and tokens besides watch the advertising videos for refresh the store items or get coins.

9. Lucky Kat

Yeah, still need a lot of balancing work after level 13. Thanks for the great feedback!

10. Lucky Kat

Too much text in the tutorial?

11. Mrwubbs

Mrwubbs Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2012
    I like the game very much. I would like a way to attack enemies while they are laying down. Also I think that when an enemy is thrown, they should knock other enemies down. Stage hazards should take more health imo. Especially getting hit by a car lol. Also why are there flower pots and trash cans on trains? Lol. Other than that I love this.

12. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    I'm on level 17....should I have been able to unlock another character by now?

13. Lucky Kat

We'll be testing throw + hitting enemy this week

14. Lucky Kat

#94 Lucky Kat, Jul 18, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
    Yes, people who start playing now with the new Testflight unlock a new character after level 11. I guess we should reset save files next time when we send out new TestFlights. Hope that's okay, though!

Still working on the balancing!!

15. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Ok great. Thanks

16. LeoMoraes

LeoMoraes Active Member

Jul 15, 2017
    Great! I've finished the 20 levels of this beta with all the stars and a character level 9.:D

There is a issue on the coins rewards after the level completion. Its always 100 coins that you get. Even when says 150 or 50.

I'm anxious for the update.

Cheers

17. Lucky Kat

We've fixed the bug and that is incredible you've completed all 20 levels!

18. Patthegymnast

Patthegymnast Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2016
    Still didnt get the TestFlight! When will the next round be? Really looking foals to play it! Looks amazing!

19. Lucky Kat

we're doing the best we can! We had a lot of bugs in our last version.

20. Lucky Kat

Grab moves added! Oh, and sorry rat :(

[​IMG]