Universal Beat Sneak Bandit - (by Simogo)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Ben!

Ben! Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    Does this have iCloud save support?

2. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    What do you know. This got one of TA's rare 5-star reviews. Just got posted onto the front page.

3. nfong

nfong Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Congrats on the 5 star review, simogo!

4. Quazonk

Quazonk Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    So I guess it's clear that Sanuku is not a drummer. Haha just kidding man but I'd hate to see you on a dancefloor!

5. russiaone

russiaone Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Pimp
    San Francisco
    Bought this one off the strength of the trailer. I love it. Good job, AGAIN, Simogo.

6. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2009
    The little white circle at the top of the screen flashes with the beat. I found it helps when I tap my foot with the pulses & then use my foot taps to signal when to move.

7. bgribin

bgribin Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    Fun but definitely not so easy - and I'm usually pretty good at rhythm games. Still enjoying this one though.

8. Ben!

Ben! Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    No iCloud saves from the looks of it. Why don't all universal apps take advantage of this?

9. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Finishing the levels isn't too bad, but collecting all the clocks takes quite a bit of practice. Took me over ten tries just to get all four of them on level 2. Pretty steep learning curve, heh. The art and music design are definitely top notch. Extremely challenging and innovative. Not sure it's a platformer for everyone. Check out some gameplay videos at least though. It's a fun experience.

10. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    If the devs read this: the description in the Dutch app store is bad. Google Translate is useful to quickly get the gist of what is said in a language you do not understand, but if you want text translated you should hire a translator. Alternatively, just keep the description in English. Most games have English descriptions, we're used to it.

11. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Game Impressions

Phenomenal. Had somebody told me it was possible to create an... App... With the illusion of gameplay which actually contains no gameplay whatsoever I could not have imagined it. And yet, here it is. Truly enlightening and well worth the $3, just so long as I don't have to play it again.

12. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Yes it does.

13. Fimb

Fimb Well-Known Member

May 12, 2010
    Oh, come on. It's definitely a game, and a very good one imho. It's not your usual platformer, it's a fun and quite hard action-puzzle. What's wrong with that?

14. nesio718

nesio718 Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2010
    getting paid....
    Sunny South FL!!
    hahahahahahahah. Gabrien always makes thursdays on TA worthwhile. good show.

15. mr.Ugly

mr.Ugly Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    Ive seen the circle, question is if an tiny indicator on the top of the screen really helps.. Do you watch your guy or the icon.. Thats the reason i mentioned patapon, since their solution worked(for me) pretty well even with tons of action going on. Just saying...

16. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    This is bordeline frustrating

17. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I've only played the first few stages, but yeah... it's working just fine. I don't look at the clock constantly, I look at it in order to get the beat and then keep it going while I concentrate on the rest of the screen. The game would be boring if you were required to watch the beat icon consistently rather than playing to your own sense of rhythm.

Got all the clocks so far on the levels I've played, good fun :)

18. Luca89

Luca89 Member

Jan 17, 2012
    would be nice if it were introduced support for icloud!

19. Creepshow

Creepshow Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    I was going to skip this game as it just looked okay.
    Bought it anyway and it turned out to be the best release of this week!

I must have played for 3 hours straight last night!!!
    Very nice job on BSB devs!

20. Synthesyze

Synthesyze Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I'm afraid you're not very good at rhythm games, to put it bluntly. ):
    Have you ever played music? If not, that might be why.

See if this helps.
    You're always got to tap with the music when you move. Count the beats "1, 2, 3, 4". You're only allowed to move on those beats. The main bulk of this game is figuring out the pattern of the obstacles. So you might have a light that comes on every 1 count. Or you might have a light have goes on 2 measures and turns on on "1, 2, 5 and 7". So with the music, it would be: ON-ON-OFF-OFF-ON-OFF-ON-OFF.

I'm on World 3 and have collected every single clock, and none of the levels have taken me more than a few tries to gather all 4.