Universal Beat Racer (by LILA SOFT)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by touchy85, May 18, 2016.

1. pixeldunce

pixeldunce Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2016
    Controls are horrbile. The response is laggy. Sometimes i swipe quick left or right and it doesnt register. Delete

2. duh_d_dum

duh_d_dum Active Member

Nov 3, 2012
    Really enjoying the game. Currently made it to stage 5. Was able to perfect stages 1-3 on challenge mode. Only gripe I have is that it takes forever to level up your cars once you get them to about level 8. I do love a challenge though.

3. forsakenxe

forsakenxe Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    Hmmmm idk what happened, but the swipes (esp. Up/down) are not as responsive as before and I get very weird and uncharacteristic frame drops for a few seconds 2-3 times per minutes, which makes it really hard to control the car properly. I didn't change anything. Hope this gets fixed, as I have no disorder to play it, if it stays that way.

First level, second car, iOS 9.3.2 live, air2.

4. Reventador

Reventador New Member

May 28, 2016
    I'm a player that has a Level 17 Robot Rock (yeah, I grinded quite a while), completed the main game (sadly with some revives) and perfected all levels on Challenge Mode.

Things that I have to complain about this game are the controls, unbalanced rewards, the fact that the levels are procedurally generated and the annoying props that cover the road.

Many times the game loses swipe responsiveness, an essential aspect for a rythm game, mostly causing combo breaking. Many props cover the road and that's annoying, especially on the first and last levels.
    Also, the rewards system confuses me. Each level, when perfected on Challenge Mode, has a reward between 600 and 1200 beatcoins. The second and last levels are the most rewarding. I thought that rewards would have an arithmetic progress or something... Also, if you happen to screw up during the main game, even if you perfect many musics in a row, you're screwed. Perfecting the first 4 musics only and completing the main mode only gives you a reward around 2500-5000 coins, depending on how much you've screwed up on the main levels. Shouldn't it be at least 6000 (4800 from perfect 4 + 1200 for the rest) coins just for the first fact? I mean, damn...

Procedural generation stops constant success at perfecting levels. Sometimes, it may cause beats to be placed right after a spike, so you either have to hit to get the beat and break the combo or miss it and break the combo. The sections I hate the most are the beats placed between 2 spikes on the same lane on level 5, the "crossfades" on level 6 (where you have to swipe really fast to get them all), a jump on level 4 which might cause overleaping a bit if you have a car fast enough, the "last drop" on level 7 (where you have a really tight space to cross, and you cannot jump or else you'll miss a beat) and one beat that is placed between two spikes and right before a jump on level 8. All levels should have a fixed layout.

Good thing is I'm getting closer to buying the last upgrade so then I can unlock No Enemy Mode on the next update.
    Tap controls should exist.

5. Reventador

Reventador New Member

May 28, 2016
    Wow, this thread is so dead...
    Managed to get all 8 cars upgraded to MASTER level 12 days ago by 800% FC'ing the game 13 times using Tap Controls.

This game should deserve much more attention... Android version, No Enemy Mode and 32 new levels coming probably this month, but no exact date yet.