Universal Beat Hazard Ultra (by Cold Beam Games Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by strivemind, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Joshnsuch

Joshnsuch Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2009
    Louisville
    Hm. Gonna throw an impulse but at this one. I'll hafta go home and put music on my first, just feel the need to download it now, hah.

2. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    Just played some Underground Resistance and similar stuff, awesome!
    I really like how the enemies slow down when the bass is killed for a sec or the DJ scratches.

Would love to try an old Derrick May DJ-mix now but can´t sync my iPad these days.

3. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    hence it's name... "suicide" lol :D

4. GoofyJmaster.

GoofyJmaster. Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    Yeah, it's the same way for me.

5. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    #125 Fireball926, Feb 10, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2012
    suicide mode+nyan cat=suicide mode²

6. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    This game is near perfect. Only problems I have are that my asian tracks won't show up (gibberish) and there should be a search function... some lists are too long. Maybe adding a playlist selection button would help?

7. escapedturkey

escapedturkey Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Bug / glitch / gameplay issue. If, for example, you have the floating movement stick all the way to the left, the ship will stop going left - whereas the ship may still have a lot of space to move on the left side. Hope I make sense. :)

8. walsh06

walsh06 Well-Known Member

Is there a reason some songs are altered. Some of my songs are slowed down and the pitch changed and it's really annoying cos they are songs I'd like to play. Is it an error with my music or the game does anyone know??

9. escapedturkey

escapedturkey Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    I have some songs that play weird too. I have contacted the developer and he is checking it out. Be sure to contact him via the app (feedback button on the game's main screen) he's very attentive to bug fixes. :)

10. Fractalrock

Fractalrock Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2010
    Cool game, great visuals. It's definitely worth the money. I do think the controls could do with some tweaking. The only thing that actually bothers me though is something gabrien brought up on the first page of the thread-the ship you control feels like a cardboard cut out. He was right that it does break the immersion in an otherwise great and visually stunning game.

11. jgynwa11

jgynwa11 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2010
    Full-time iPhone Gamer
    What does the gold ship do? Is it stronger than the normal one?

12. Agas

Agas Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2011
    #132 Agas, Feb 11, 2012
    I wish there's a way to compile a list of our own music selection instead of playing all iTunes library (for Boss Rush or ChillOut), because I have slow music too. When slow song played after dance music, everything turns lame. It seems that my ship reaches its orgasm and suddenly only firing small amount of pathetic bullets.

13. GloBaller

GloBaller Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Illinois
  14. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Boy do I have a headache! Shouldn't have tried in a dim room, survival mode, intensity at 200%... I lasted 10 minutes, but I was squinting the whole time. Lol..

15. Drexiel

Drexiel Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    LOL that happened to me today...

had Sabrepulse, Skriller, Tiesto, Dead By April, In Flames... and finally Mirror's Edge theme....

although i love the Mirror's Edge theme to death, it made the game so damn slow that i couldn't keep playing D: plus the %150 Intensity didn't help xD

16. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Shouldn't you get a perk unlock for every level you gain? I just started playing boss mode and I gained about 8 levels in two games yet I only got one perk each time. Kind of makes me wish I hadn't played that mode (scoring is crazy high) since now it will take much longer to get all my perks.

17. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Don't worry about it. It took me ~3 hours to unlock them all, but seeing you can equip a limited number of perks at once and it takes a while to fully upgrade all anyways.

18. GoofyJmaster.

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    You only get one perk after each play through (when u level up). I was a bit annoyed by this at first, but it makes sense. You'd unlock everything way too quickly if you actually got a perk per level.

However, I haven't played boss mode yet. But I have leveled up 3+ times in standard mode playing on hardcore difficulty more than once. And I've never felt like getting a new perk was too far out of reach.

19. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    My concern is that if you don't get 1 per level then at later levels it'll take you a waaaay longer time to level up, am I right?

20. GoofyJmaster.

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    #140 GoofyJmaster., Feb 11, 2012
    push