Universal Beat Hazard Ultra (by Cold Beam Games Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by strivemind, Feb 9, 2012.

1. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Lol..I'm on a 32gig iPod touch and it feels barely enough. Cut my music down to ~13 gigs and the rest is apps and other junk. And always want to keep at least ~2gigs free for any impromptu video recordings...

2. GoofyJmaster.

GoofyJmaster. Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    Haha! Yeah, I had a 32 gig iPhone and it was a mess--talk about hoarding.

Hopefully, iCloud makes a bigger appearance in the second half of the year.

-------------------

I swear to gawd, this game is just as bad as a light show show when playing it end the dark at full intensity. Hell, it may be worse since you're trying to concentrate on that d@mn ship.

3. Jaklar

Jaklar Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2010
    Pink Floyd

Not only does Pink Floyd enhance the film Wizard of Oz, but their early psychodelic music is a perfect fit for this game. The Piper at the Gates of Dawn is sweet bliss in action.

4. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    I'd like to see the game provide access to all of the thousands of radio stations from the Radio tab in iTunes, similarly separated into their respective genres; music-wise, that should suffice for most people who don't have the space for huge personal playlists.

5. GoofyJmaster.

GoofyJmaster. Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    Crap, that's another good idea. I forgot that iTunes had a radio tab. Hopefully the game really takes off, so the dev can add some more avenues to play music.

I mean this game is literally just awesome! I feel like the only way you can get tired of it is if you stop liking music, especially if the dev updates it with new enemies and such.

6. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Judas Priest - Victim of Changes on Hardcore...wow, what a surreal experience. :D

7. trundley

trundley Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2010
    through the fire and the flames on the hardest difficulty setting on PC tended to be an uber trip, i wonder if the same applies here.

8. lumothesinner

lumothesinner Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2011
    UK
    #68 lumothesinner, Feb 10, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2012
    Just bought due to all the good impressions...crashes on my 4s 5.0.1 JB after scanning my itunes library before reaching the main menu. Its not a RAM issue because its a 4s, have rebooted but no difference.
    Is the dev active in this thread?
    Anyone else try on 4s yet?

Edit:seen 2 other people with 4s in the thread saying it works...damn

9. trundley

Oct 29, 2010
    Restore iphone without jailbreak then try it.

10. trundley

Oct 29, 2010
    I cant pick my own songs to play!

When i've picked the song i get taken to the difficulty page with the visual intensity option, then i get taken to a page to choose my perks. Then i cant do anything, only go back to the difficulty options!

11. lumothesinner

Sep 30, 2011
    UK
    Really not worth the effort of restoring, resyncing and losing all my JB tweaks for one game. I'm disappointed, but not that disappointed.

12. BrEaKBEaT

BrEaKBEaT Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2009
    London, UK
    Playing on an ipad 2....

Love the epilepsy inducing effects, tho the non-animated ship initially made me dismissive....

Question/gripe - why does the D-pad slide across the screen when playing?? I push right, the ship moves right and the actual D-pad moves right too. When i go left i sometimes run out of space and have to reposition! Is this some sort of bizarre design choice or just a glitch?

Otherwise, think i'll play this loads

13. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    No idea, but there's an option for fixed controls in the... options menu. ;)

14. Starg - Cold Beam Games

Feb 10, 2012
    Hi everyone. I'm Steve the developer of the game.
    Seems like everyone is enjoying the game, which is great!
    Let me know if you need any help/questions answered.

Happy shooting.
    Cheers,
    Steve

15. iJoashFoo

iJoashFoo Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Singapore
    works fine on my jailbroken 4S on this side (yes I bought the game), maybe try reinstalling the game and see if it works?

16. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Glad to have you onboard Steve. Welcome to TouchArcade! :)

17. killwhitey

killwhitey Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    This. Works fine on my jb 4s.

To the devs, great game! Please fix the floating sticks so they won't float too close to the edge of the screen making you unable to move in certain directions. I switched to the fixed sticks but theyre almost in the middle of the screen vertically. It'd be nice to be able to move the location of the fixed sticks in the options too, alternatively.

18. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    After reading people raving about this game above (And Sanuku's video) i bought it a few hours ago. Great little dual stick shoot em up, plays really well and a bargain price, great game

19. lumothesinner

Sep 30, 2011
    UK
    Must be one of my packages, probably one that messes with musicplayer, ill try deleting some to get it to work.
    At least Steve is very helpful via e-mail, shows promise that the devs help out their community.

20. escapedturkey

escapedturkey Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Welcome to the forum Starg!

Everyone -- some game tips:

1) Upgrade pow and vol perks first and
    max them out to have the beat hazard weapon at the start of each track.

2) Purchase the Gold Ship IAP -- easier to see and appears to have more firepower (?).

You'll find Starg is an amazing developer. He will listen to your suggestions and bug reports if you post them to this thread.

My initial suggestions:

1) A hierarchy / tree / folders view of albums / artists like i-tunes music player.
    2) Remember last played position.
    3) Support for I-Tunes playlists
    4) Option to remove boss buzz alarm.
    5) Virtual scroll wheel or arrows to indicate where scrolling is possible and / or triggered.