Universal Beat Hazard Ultra (by Cold Beam Games Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by strivemind, Feb 9, 2012.

1. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    This is somewhat off topic, but somewhat on. Does anyone know if the Xbox indie version of this game supports iTunes format music (obviously meaning non-DRM)? I'd like to get it, but not if it will mean having to convert my music just for Beat Hazard Ultra. That sounds like a chore. The XBLIG version was dropped to 80 points ($1), FYI.

2. magihiro

magihiro Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Does this only work with certain file types (.mp3, .aac, .mp4), or can any song on that plays on the iPod work?

3. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Only certain file types. Most of my music doesn't work.

4. ZildjianKX

ZildjianKX Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2008
    That was kind of quick to go free...

5. eAdvisory

eAdvisory Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Detroit
    Current Sale - 2.99 ---> Free.

6. Ghostz

Ghostz Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Through the rain.
    I just downloaded this on my new device, and I had previously bought the gold ship on an older device. Is there any way I can redeem it so I don't have to rebuy it?

7. TimEggers

TimEggers Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2011
    Shipping
    Tiskilwa, IL
    This game is SICK! I love it!

8. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    If it's the same iTunes account, just "buy" it again and you'll get it for free. This is true of all non-consumable IAP on iOS.

9. Ghostz

Ghostz Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Through the rain.
    Awesome thanks! Didn't know you could do that!

10. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    They are playing price games though. This game was 99 cents, then the bumped it up to $1.99 for one day, $2.99 the next day, then down to Free. Looks like a bigger drop then it is. But this price manipulation trickery is par for the course.

Anyway, this game seems to be designed solely to trigger seizures, but if you turn the visuals down to the lowest setting it's not too bad and the game itself is pretty fun. I'm not unhappy that I paid 99 cents for it. It was worth it.

11. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    I'm not exactly sure if this is true..but somewhere I read the intensity acts like a multiplier to your final score. So if you play exactly the same on one song, you'll theoretically get lower points using the lowest visual intensity versus using the highest.

12. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Than I guess I'll be scoring less, LOL. No way am I turning the visuals up. The game is pointlessly painful with them turned up. IMHO, of course.

13. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Lol.. The first few times I tried the highest intensity (I played it when I had a cold), I felt even more sick afterwards. =P But after I got over the cold, I could handle it much better. But yeah, seizure inducing! I can't imagine playing it on the PC on a larger screen..or if this game gets airplay to play on a 55" tv! ;)

14. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Actually I enjoy it with visual turned up to max. LOL

I love the the explosions and light effects and flashes and all of that. I understand how others may not like that part though. I believe that's why the devs put an intensity slider for the visuals.

Also, I think the slider does NOT affect the score at all. What the scoring meant is that the more you improve and the higher your combos are, the visuals will also be hyped up a bit. But the visuals themselves dont dictate how the scoring is going to be calculated. The low intensity visuals will have a little more than its usual intensity during this scoring spree.

15. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    The visual setting is for your benefit and does not effect the score. In the game, the volume and power powerups will affect gameplay and perhaps score. I admit the instructions on that part were a little confusing until you read it again after playing for a bit.

16. November's Chopin

November's Chopin Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2010
    Did this game always have IAP, or did it just start using IAPs after becoming free?

17. DodgerBlue016

DodgerBlue016 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2011
    I create awesome paper airplanes that I will sell
    Here
    It always had iAPs. None of them are necessary, but they've always been there.

18. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I'm surprised at how fun this is. However, if the devs happen to frequent this thread, might we have a sensitivity option for the right stick added in an update? The current stick sense is a tad too high for me, and it impacts my accuracy.

19. escapedturkey

escapedturkey Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
  20. DaGreen1

DaGreen1 Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2012
    Florida
    #340 DaGreen1, Mar 9, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2012
    Game Impressions

You have to play it on 50% or 75% to even see anything, much less 200% at least on a small iphone/ipod touch screen. I paid the .99 cents when it was first on sale, and was kind of pissed (translated: Furious) that it's free right now. Even so, it's a great game, and keeping the Online radio is a huge boon. Now we add in Multiplayer and we're all set.