Universal Beat Hazard Ultra (by Cold Beam Games Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by strivemind, Feb 9, 2012.

1. soldat7

soldat7 Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2011
    Cool, that works. Lame design.

2. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    What's the songs that you guys are finding the most difficult/ fun on hardcore? Mine is A$$ by Big Sean and Blow by Ke$ha.

3. Agas

Agas Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2011
    My favorite track to play over and over again is The Black Pearl (OST Pirates of the Caribbean) by Scotty on suicidal mode and 200% visual intensity. Glamorously intense, lots of variety, and quite cinematic!

4. shafdogg

shafdogg Member

Feb 12, 2012
    Don't have any favorites yet, but I did complete a 9 minute 44 second song on Suicidal and managed to survive while running out of lives, bombs, missiles, and shields.

Final score: 82,310,984 points
    Song played: You are Smart (RAAGINA soft mix) from Katamari Forever OST

5. Putosaure

Putosaure Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2010
    I don't know if it was mentionned before on the topic, but there is quite an annoying bug in the game : if you pause the game and shut down the screen, when you'll wake the device and resume the game, the song will be finished, with 100% but the score you had before you paused. It's kinda frustrating when you have to pause the game for whatever reason.

Oh, and if you could add oriental characters support, my korean/japanese/chinese songs would be glad. :)

6. walsh06

walsh06 Well-Known Member

I managed to get Mind Heist up to 5.4 million now. Im just on the end of the leaderboard :). I think I can get it over 6 million if I can avoid dying in it. All my perks are going in to score at the moment. I dont see the need for the other stuff, besides the shield, missiles etc...

7. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    This is definitely one of the best shmups on the appstore in my opinion. And ive been rockin this game with (usually) Korn, Slipknot, Powerman5000, Skrillex, Static X and Mudvayne.

8. escapedturkey

escapedturkey Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    148Apps is not AppSpy. Still congrats again Starg! :)

9. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    One thing that I don't get about a lot of the reviews and don't hear people saying it much but most dismiss this as purely a DSS. People think of shmups as only being horizonal or verticle bullet-hell games (that are usually harder than hell).

Guess you could say DSSs are a shump sub-genre, but that's not my point. The boss like battles, ship and bullet patterns give this more of a shmup feel than any DSS I've played.

10. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Opps...my bad typo there. Changed :rolleyes:

11. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Decided to grab this. Played one game on my iPhone. I apparently had single control on. I presume you can change it to dual stick.

Anyway, I want to play this on my iPad... but realized I have no music on there. So now this game will become a storage space killer on my iPad. LOL. I'll try to be selective....

12. drunkhobo15

drunkhobo15 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2010
    Waiter
    Fort Worth, Texas
    While I thoroughly enjoyed the game for 4 hours, I basically got all i wanted out of it in that time. I feel the game is worth 99 cents and would give it a 4/5.

TBH I am a little upset as a more hardcore gamer that I can easily get scores quite close using single stick mode as double stick mode. The idea that song choice plays such a huge role in score comes with the premise of the game, but as far as leaderboards are concerned it is 90% song choice and 10% skill it seems because the only challenge in the game comes from numbers of enemies and not bullets. Even on suicidal just playing with bombs and homing missiles you can basically make every "hard" portion the game throws at you extremely easy. Double stick does enjoy the benefit of a workable swirling laser cannon at least to actually clear the screen and the no fire bonus(forget name).

I would have made individual leaderboards for the songs that they included as a way to even the playing field a bit and give a slight scoring advantage to using double stick over single stick.

13. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Would be nice if there was a faster way to choose the song you wanted, such as the ability to type in a word, not just choose the first letter. I have a lot of songs on my device and can waste a lot of time trying to scroll through them to find the one I want to use.

Another suggestion: it would be helpful if the main menu screen and menu subscreens showed the amount of money you have. I'm continually going into manage perks to find out I don't have quite enough money to purchase a perk - but I didn't know that until I got into that section of the game.

14. metalgearjsn

metalgearjsn Member

Feb 12, 2012
    Try lesson no. 2 by Glenn branca. Has a part in the middle where it goes silent and then has a burst of sound that gradually increases in frequency. The ships move so slowly for a moment then burst into action. Pretty intense!

15. Drexiel

Drexiel Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    Celldweller.... anything from him... nuff said

16. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Hmmm... gives me an idea. Gotta try some Atari Teenage Riot or some old Alec Empire. Should be insane on suicidal :eek:

17. bititch

bititch Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2011
    I'd like this too, so I sent an email their way and got this response:
    Ah well, hopefully a golden ship will speed things up a little bit.

18. KakitaMike

KakitaMike Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Aug 27, 2010
    Ohio
    I don't know if I'm missing something obvious, but how do you know which songs the game will and won't recognize. I only have 7 songs on my iphone currently, but only 2 of them show up as selectable tracks. All 7 songs were downloaded via itunes, and were on my iphone before installing the game.

I even tried the refresh track list option, and it says it finds 7 songs, but 5 of them never show up in the list.

19. escapedturkey

escapedturkey Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Be sure to let the developer know this via the feedback button on the main screen.