Universal Beat Hazard 2 (by Cold Beam Games Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Brightsiderus, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Jackaluk

Jackaluk Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Hi Steve, I’d assume it does, but can you confirm if it has controller support, first one did, thus the assumption.

cheers,

2. Starg - Cold Beam Games

Feb 10, 2012
    Yes, BH2 has Bluetooth controller support.

3. Starg - Cold Beam Games

Feb 10, 2012
    New iOS and Android version up. Performance improvements. Should help with the heating. Let me know.

4. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    I didn’t experience any heating problems before but performance-wise the game feels smoother. On the other hand, the Pause button is still there, in the middle of the screen. I’m playing with one stick only to relax mostly. So I lift my thumb a lot during the gameplay. I know it’s different with dual stick, but I don’t play this way so often. Not to mention, no matter what, that button is unreachable by thumbs anyway. I went through settings carefully but there’s no option to hide it or move elsewhere like with joysticks. No one’s bothered by this? Am I the only one?

5. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Pretty sure it's just you. :p

There's still a bit of heat in my case, but I'm certain there's significantly less drainage. I need to check with a fully charged battery though, because I wasn't expecting Bomb Chicken (unrelated) to be such a battery hog!

6. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Ehhh I forgot to check this game battery drain and indeed it's still there. It's burning about 1% a minute or faster on low graphics setting (faster drain than any game currently on my phone) and just one song made the iPhone hotter than it's ever been on any game since I can remember. I felt it right through the case. It took over 5 minutes to have the phone cool itself off. This is after the update that was supposed to fix it. Ah well I give up. Probably would've just asked for a refund a while ago but I noticed the Apple support page was down. I don't think I'll be playing this game anymore unfortunately. I can't have my phone searing like this.

7. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    As much as I hate admitting this, I tried getting a refund for that very reason, but Apple never got back to me. Quite frankly, I can't be assed to talk to someone over live support after the hell that was my last refund request. It's a shame because Beat Hazard Ultra was one of my favorite games, yet this is just collecting dust in my Purchased list. :(

L.Lawliet likes this.
  8. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

Well, I grabbed this recently (yesterday) and unless I'm connected to Wi-Fi (which I don't have) or mobile data (most of the time it's not good to sync in real time) I can't play any song and the game gets stuck in the "3 2 1" screen.

So I'm considering to ask for a refund and get it later when/if it gets fixed, since I mostly play games offline, with Airplane Mode turned on in order to avoid being interrupted by notifications and to make battery last a bit longer (also helps a little with reducing overheating). So far I've only been able to try it for a bit when I was trying to solve the aforementioned issue.

It's a shame the game is still so rough with the heating problem, battery drain and internet requirement in order to work. I loved the first game and got the second game only because of the controller support.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

L.Lawliet likes this.
  9. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    #49 L.Lawliet, Jun 13, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2020
    So I'm pretty upset with Apple support. They finally reopened and they adamantly refused to give me a refund even though their support page was down during the pandemic. They said I was out of the refund window but they shut down their support services during the pandemic (and it just started up recently).

When I tried to get support before it said "Apple support options are currently limited. Thank you for your patience and understanding". All my available support options were unusable. There are other people online who documented this same issue.

Awesome. Not my fault and I can't even get a refund because of Apple.'

They talked to their boss supposedly and said they can't help me. I tried multiple times to access their support page and always got that message.

I pressed them about how I was supposed to able to get a refund in those circumstances and they just ignored me and said "I understand your concern" and "I know this was not the outcome you desired, and I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused."

I sent them evidence of this issue and they still didn't care. Ridiculous. It was like talking to a brick wall. They didn't have any answers for me or how I'm supposed to handle this issue if it happens again.

This is probably the worst Apple support I've ever gotten since I started with Apple in 2011.

10. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

Whoa, that's terrible. Hopefully an update will fix this game soon!