Universal Beat Hazard 2 (by Cold Beam Games Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Brightsiderus, Apr 7, 2020.

1. BaronMunchausen

BaronMunchausen Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2017
    Ohhhh. I’m see what you mean. I’m so sorry I wasted your time and possibly got your hopes up. I hope it works out eventually.

metalcasket likes this.
  2. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    #22 L.Lawliet, Apr 8, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2020
    Wow. Deep in the back of my mind I always wanted a successor to Beat Hazard Ultra. Why not a sequel. And here it is!!

I'm low on cash so I haven't bought much lately but I may make an exception for this. I remember spending hours and hours on the old version. I do recall not being able to save music progress over my new devices so I had to keep restarting over and over.

Since I only use music synced with iTunes / stock app, this should keep things easier for me. Can't wait to try this!

Edit: One thing that does bother me is that the game starts in the flipped orientation. Bugs me a lot since I'm usually in locked rotation mode.

3. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Wasted my time and got my hopes up? Don't be silly! Like I said earlier, thanks so much for taking the time to help. :)

Unrelated: Anyone else getting INSANE heat while they play this? I mean, significant post-game killing heat, even. Like, 10 to 15 minutes of your device just being uncomfortable to hold.

4. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Yes I came here just to post this. This game is kind of unplayable. It gets way to hot and I played it on the charger and it was burning through so much battery that my battery level didn't even move after one hour on the charger. I also put all the game settings to their lowest so I don't even want to imagine the highest settings.

Maybe i should email the devs or something.

5. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    THERE IS A WORK-AROUND FOR FOLKS WHO DON'T USE THE STOCK MUSIC APP!

Okay, first and foremost, it has to be said that if you're reading this and delete the stock music app, you WILL lose your music.

If however, you're working with a blank state (that is, NO Music.app), you can drag and drop music to your device (just as @BaronMunchausen described a couple of posts back) and it will sync to your device. Where does it get saved? I have no idea. A little bit of monitoring my iPhone storage and I think it goes to "Other". Point is, that music IS on your device now, though basically invisible. BH2 recognizes there's music there (and other apps that search for music presumably do too) so you're good to go! :)

Be warned that managing this music will have to take place on your PC/laptop. That means there's no way to add or delete music other than going to your device itself on iTunes/Apple Music, heading into the music section (again, ON YOUR PHONE), and handling your files there.

chengchisang likes this.
  6. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Did you put the settings to lowest AFTER the heat or before it? :p I'm trying now with the lowest settings.

7. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    I had them set to lowest from the start. I usually try to play most of my games at mid / low settings to keep my battery lasting longer. This game actually still looks great at the lowest setting so I didn't feel the need to even go higher :/

I just messaged the devs on their website. Hopefully they'll respond to it.

8. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Got my fingers crossed. I tweeted at him yesterday about the whole file sharing thing and never got a reply. :( Glad I was able to find a solution that caters to my needs though.

9. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    BTW, added you @macplash. Jealous of your ID! :p

All of you feel free to add me: 5406543

Oh, and yeah...still heating up on lowest settings. Draining is ridiculous...8% gone with approximately 2 minutes of play.

10. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Wow wtf. That's incredible. That's worse than a high graphics game. On my high graphics games, on average I get 5% of drain per 10 minutes. That's my personal standard. You probably should message the devs via the website just to show them it's more serious.

I did get a reply and it only took a few hours.

"Hi,

Thanks for letting me know. I'll take a look at the code and reduce the amount being drawn on the lower settings.
    Kind regards,
    Steve"

Sounds promising, hopefully it will be addressed. I replied and directed them to this thread for updates. I probably won't play it again until the battery drain / heat is fixed.

11. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    I sent an email yesterday as I mentioned a few posts above. I got the exact same response when complaining about the performance! I don’t think I like it now.

Hi,

Thanks for the heads up. I'll take a look at the code and reduce the amount being drawn on the lower settings.
    Kind regards,
    Steve

12. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Well damn... It's a generic response? Smh. I don't want to refund the game but that doesn't sound good.

13. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    It’s obviously generic as we’ve been complaining about different issues. I don’t have an overheating problem, at least I didn’t notice. But it’s not that easy to notice on iPad as when it gets hot occasionally, it’s in the upper-middle area, far from where the hands usually are. So this generic response doesn’t build a much confidence in update coming soon. But we’ll see I guess.

14. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Sure, the original Beat Hazard hasn't been updated in the last couple of years, but I think we should just keep calm and have some faith in Steve, especially given our affinity for said original.

15. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    I replied back about that PAUSE button, so I hope it’s not gonna be the same answer.;) In the meantime I added you @metalcasket to my Friend list but it says you gave it only 7 minutes so far.:rolleyes::D:p Maybe it’s not synced as often?

16. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Oh, it's accurate. :p Much like L.Lawliet, I won't be touching this till something's done about the battery issue. :(

17. Starg - Cold Beam Games

Feb 10, 2012
    Hi everyone, developer here.
    Tweaked the code to draw a lot less on lower settings. Should help with fps and heat issues.
    Update needs to go though Apple so will probably take 3 or 4 days.
    Cheers,
    Steve

18. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Oh man, this is the best news ever. Thank you SO much!

19. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Looking forward to it! During the Boss rush after like wave 20 when there's like 3-4 bosses at the same time on screen the game's barely moving. So, can't wait.

20. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Any chance of being able to find music on your phone from other providers that allow downloads like Amazon Music or Spotify? :)