Universal Beat da Beat (by Nekki Indie)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by strivemind, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Sergey Babaev

Sergey Babaev Member

Aug 27, 2015
    Oh, seems something went wrong.
    On what device did this happen and which OS version do you have?

2. Sergey Babaev

Sergey Babaev Member

Aug 27, 2015
    Oh, seems something went wrong.
    On what device did this happen and which OS version do you have?

Sergey
    Nekki

3. Sergey Babaev

Sergey Babaev Member

Aug 27, 2015
    We fixed the problem and it will be solved with the next update

Nekki

4. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Haha I have Vector! I knew this couldn't be your first game. It's way too good and way too polished!

Seriously the comedy in this game is great. I've seriously lol'ed for real multiple times. You guys have really created a special game. Thank you very much.

See the pic. I love dying lol

Billy

Attached Files:

5. Den Den

Den Den Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2014
    Wow what a great game, this is definitely worth a Game of the Week or something :)

Question: How can one play a shmup on iOS for long sessions? I've tried other shmups on iOS before but the longer you keep your finger on the screen, the more friction this creates and it feels really unpleasant. Any tips?

6. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    I use a stylus. I really love using a stylus with this type of game. I have a very thin and well made stylus from Targus. It allows me to see more of the screen and save my finger tip hehe

And I agree. I've been going back and forth and this is my game of the week so far. TA needs to do a review of this game as well.

Billy

7. Sergey Babaev

Sergey Babaev Member

Aug 27, 2015
    He. Awesome) Hope you like Vector)
    Thanks for the kind words, I'll forward those to the 2Players team for sure)
    Yes, the death turned out funny - a good hit at the camera objective)))

Nekki

8. Den Den

Den Den Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2014
    Oh I never thought about using a stylus with shmups... I love shmups but the reason I didn't play them much on iOS was the finger/friction problem. I'll definitely check some, thanks :)

9. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Yep stylus is the way to go. Once I switched I was able to play for an hour.
    This game is crazy good, like a game of the year top 10 good in my book.

10. #Bonk3rZ

#Bonk3rZ Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2014
    top of the world
    Iphone 4s ios 7.0

11. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    #51 LordShad0wz, Aug 27, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
    Sergei,

I finally saved up enough for the ghost needle. It's a bad ass looking ship and the lock on cannons are my favorite type. Just one issue. I cannot even kill the any of the enemies with it on level one in casual. Even concentrating on the first few enemies that pop up. They don't die. So I cannot even make any coins. That's a major disappointment. So now I have to go back to another ship just to grind and upgrade a weapon on a more powerful ship I just purchased? This can't be right. I kept grinding since last night to get the coins for the ship. I didn't do any upgrades so I could save the coins. I wanted to beat level 3.

Also if you added a coin doubler IAP that's restorable I would purchase it to further support you guys. This game warrants it.

Billy

Edit- I just upgraded the weapon and even still it is still not killing things. The enemy ships disappear before they die. And it then switches targets making it worse. The weapon of the beginning ship with no upgrade is much much better than this. I'm going to have to grind again to try another ship I guess. This has really set me back. Anyone else wanna give the ghost needle a try and see if I'm crazy lol

12. bilboa

bilboa Well-Known Member

May 23, 2013
    Boston, MA, USA
    Great game. Definitely under priced. It's cool to have a bullet hell shooter in landscape mode for a change.

My one complaint is the game doesn't seem to support fast app switching. On my iPhone 6, any time I switch to another app, or even just go to the home screen and back, the app restarts and I lose any progress. Very annoying if I need to take a call or answer a text while playing.

13. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    aaaaaaaaaand I'm also having this issue.

iPhone 5 - iOS 7.1.2

Not jailbroken.

I'm guessing it's only iOS 7 with the issues?

Attached Files:

14. bilboa

bilboa Well-Known Member

May 23, 2013
    Boston, MA, USA
    I just tried playing this with a stylus, and it's much better. I've tried it in the past with other shumps and didn't like it as much, but for this game it really helps.

I find with a stylus that the advantages are that it doesn't cover the screen so much, and it doesn't get my fingertip tired. The disadvantage though is I find I can't move the ship around as accurately at high speed as with my finger. In some other bullet hell shooters I've tried it with I found the disadvantages outweighed the advantages. With this game though, projectiles are coming at you from all directions, so not having your hand blocking the view is a much bigger advantage. At the same time it's not as fast as some shmups, so the fact that I can't move quite as fast isn't as big a disadvantage. So definitely try it with a stylus.

15. Sergey Babaev

Sergey Babaev Member

Aug 27, 2015
    We pinned down the reason for the error and will fix it with the next update, we'll try to provide a quick update, sorry that you've not been able to play comfortably

Nekki

16. Sergey Babaev

Sergey Babaev Member

Aug 27, 2015
    Yes, I think we will raise the power of this spaceship - you did not pay for nothing - with the upcoming update it will become more powerful and more functional.

Nekki

17. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Oh no, thank YOU for the quick response and fix. Hopefully the update will fly through the approval process once you guys submit it. =oP

I'm looking forward to getting into it... the trailer looks fantastic. =o)

18. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    THANK YOU! I look forward to the update. You guys rock!

Billy

19. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    #59 metalcasket, Aug 29, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2015
    Am I the only one who secretly wishes this could be magically played in portrait on iPhone? On iPad the game's super easy to play by holding the iPad with one hand/resting it on something and playing with my right index finger, but I'm totally not able to keep up on iPhone using the same technique or playing with my thumbs.

20. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

I though it was "different" that this was landscape only too. I like the wide view, but it would be nice to have to option to swap between portrait and landscape, either through options, or just by tilting the phone.

I tried the stylus as mentioned above and really like it that way. Mind you, I don't play ANY other games with a stylus. It's just one of those cheap little pen/stylus ones too.

Looking forward to the first update to this beauty. It'll be great to have Game Center working properly. Regardless, this is definitely a standout release this week.