Universal Beast Towers (by baptiste largaiolli)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by touchy85, Mar 23, 2015.

1. jyhjyh

jyhjyh Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Denmark
    @loox

Thanx for the review, just bought the game :)

2. baptisteLar

baptisteLar Member

Mar 25, 2015
    I'm very glad that a lot of you guys enjoy the game, i wanted to do something for the players not thinking about how i could make money out of them.

Thoses reviews just made my day!

@baptisteLar

3. baptisteLar

baptisteLar Member

Mar 25, 2015
    #23 baptisteLar, Mar 25, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2015

Man, i'm so happy, you understood exactly what i wanted to do in this game! So many time working on this game thinking "I hope they will understand why i've did the game this way..."

I think that loosing is part of the fun, that's why the game isn't easy.

Thanks for this review.

@baptisteLar

4. Ubisububi

Ubisububi Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    Hello and thank you to the Dev! I hope this doesn't get buried on the App Store. I'm really enjoying it.

5. bemusedbear

bemusedbear Member

Dec 16, 2012
    This is quite the gem. It's a TD game in the vein of Field Runners (build a maze of towers) as opposed to Kingdom Rush (place towers on designated build sites). The wide array of tower variety makes this one stand out as do the character designs. You don't really have "towers" as much as you have stationary monsters. There are also a number of nice features that I don't recall seeing in similar games like field runners, such as the ability to set individual tower AI to target various things like toughest or weakest enemy as opposed to just the first. I found this particularly helpful in maps with Air units because you could set your air/ground towers to prioritize air on waves with air units. Overall I am really enjoying this one..

6. tabs

tabs Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Philippines
    Bought the game to support the Dev. Great game that reminded me of the other TD game called Siegecraft TD in terms of gameplay and feel.

7. ToxicTorgo

ToxicTorgo Member

Aug 28, 2011
    I just bought it as well, based on the reviews and the rapport in this forum. Warm regards and best of luck to you, Baptiste!

8. adz4u28

adz4u28 Member

Mar 14, 2014
    Love td games, looks right up my street, bought!

9. badmanj

badmanj Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    This is an absolute delight to play and ridiculously cheap right now. Love it!

10. drunk_vader

drunk_vader Active Member

Feb 23, 2015
    Barista
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    TD are one of my favorite genres on mobile and based on the positive feedback so far, guess I can't just sit this one out. Bought!

11. Phuncz

Phuncz Active Member

Aug 17, 2014
    Also an insta-buy for me. It's a nice game with some original ideas here and there.

It does need some work though, many times you can't click the tiles to place a tower. Pretty game-breaking since you can't place towers in pauze-mode. Also, absolutely no way to rewind or redo a certain wave. If you screw up, you need to start from the beginning. Paired with the clicking issue, it's sometimes very frustrating.

12. lancheta

lancheta Well-Known Member

May 20, 2012
    Game doesn't have cloud feature. Progress on ipad does not transfer to iphone. Hope this will be available sometime in near future.

13. baptisteLar

baptisteLar Member

Mar 25, 2015
    The cloud feature is clearlery something i need to work on for the next release, i hope to ship it soon, but i have a lot of work these times...

14. Phuncz

Phuncz Active Member

Aug 17, 2014
    I can imagine.

A feature I really like about the game is to draw barrels (walls) easily by dragging your finger. It helped me more than once in a pinch !

Some levels are very difficult though, like the ice map with dual entry points. I'm still figuring that one out.

15. Ghostdog1

Ghostdog1 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2015
    A solid Tower Defense game. For me there is too much stress in the gameplay. A pause function with the possibility to build would have been a better choice. To build a maze and let the enemy run back and forth is a nice thing. But there is too much trial and error attached to reach the 3 stars in every level. Also i will never understand 3d graphics in a TD game, cause it allways messes up a clear overview of what's going on in the map - maybe i'm the only one thinking this way.
    Don't get me wrong. For this price it is really good and a great challenging game.

16. kleerkoat

kleerkoat Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    ok. I hate TD games. never played one I liked.

but no iap's and the positive reviews, how can I not buy it. got to at least support the dev for not pimping his game with IAP.

thank you.

17. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    [​IMG]

[thread=243623][​IMG][/thread] [thread=258085][​IMG][/thread] [thread=257883][​IMG][/thread] [thread=257978][​IMG][/thread] [thread=257992][​IMG][/thread]
    [thread=257977][​IMG] [/thread][thread=257933][​IMG][/thread] [thread=257884][​IMG][/thread]

Beast Towers

[​IMG]

Is one of the nominees for

Touch Arcade Forums' Game Of The Week

26th March 2015

VOTE HERE

Developers, publishers and/or affiliates cannot vote for their own games!!

18. baptisteLar

baptisteLar Member

Mar 25, 2015
    Hi,

I'm working on new features for Beast towers, if you have request i'll be happy to read them.

What i'm working on :
    -Slow motion mod => no stress during fight mod, you slow everything down and build your towers
    -Last wave retry => during the game you can restart to your last wave
    -Difficulty level decreased
    -Collider zone around tower bigger so you won't miss a tap with your finger

I'll hope to ship this version next week.

19. The Son of Anarchy

The Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    Hello Baptiste, awesome game you have here, thank you. The balance is great, not too hard, not too easy either. It's definitely challenging, the player just needs to find the right strategy for each map which sometimes takes a few retries. The above features are all perfect, I was going to suggest the 'pause to build' option (someone beat me to it) but it seems you have it covered with 'slow motion mode'. Looking forward to the update and thanks again for making this. I'm impressed with the way you didn't include iap's also, I would have bought this for that reason alone even if I didn't like TD games. :)

20. baptisteLar

baptisteLar Member

Mar 25, 2015
    I really have to decrease the difficulty, i have 20K players, and only 61 reached the level 7... Even if my game is not perfect i doubt that they all leave because it's not fun enough, it's simply just too hard...

The best way i found to decrease the difficulty is to reduce the tower prices by 10%, this way you can buy more towers. I also decreased the difficulty on certain waves that was very hard. They seemed easy to me because i've played too much to my game...

I've finished the "restart at wave" functionality, it works like this :
    -Let's say you've reached the wave 5 of a level, you play the wave 6 and loose a lot of life, you can restart at wave 6 via the pause menu. If you loose at wave 6 you can restart at wave 6 via the game-over menu. In both case all your tower positions are saved.
    -Last but not least, you can quit the game during a wave, you'll be able to start back the level at this wave ( your life number and money are saved, not your towers though. You start with a fresh board )

Those it sounds good to you guys? I know some people won't like this, but i try avoid loosing too much players with a deceptive and too hard mechanic...