Beast Bound: Chock full of Classic RPGness

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Lt. Action, Jan 21, 2015.

1. Lt. Action

Lt. Action Well-Known Member

Let's be honest, that's all that we are.

Whales swimming through the vast ocean of the internet, indiscriminately allowing the content-krill accumulate in our baleen. Buzzlink article here and there? We'll live. MSNBC story on 10 ways your dog could kill you in your sleep? The world keeps turning.

Every now and then, though, we catch a game, a game like Beast Bound, and life is good <3

2. Lt. Action

Ya'll like silhouettes?

Imagine spotting this guy through the shower curtain.

[​IMG]

3. Lt. Action

Truer words have never been spoken. Or written in a jaunty font across an equally jaunty image.

[​IMG]

4. Lt. Action

Open up your ear-holes, you dirty jackals!

It is indeed true what none of you have heard, and what I am about to tell you; in lieu of play testing the plan is to soft launch the game in the near future. We cannot be certain when as the needs of game development change on a daily basis, but the plan is to do it SOON! So, if you're (un)lucky enough to be a Canadian citizen, keep on the look out!

Here's some more real talk; I'm super sorry to those of you who submitted applications for testing, we really appreciate that you all wanted to pitch in and feel like super-jerks for letting you down. When testflight got all screwy on us we were nips-deep in development and didn't have the man hours to work out the kinks. Rest assured I am comitting seppuku to absolve myself of this dishonor as we speak.

For the rest of you, here's a cloud that can't stop peeing!

You're gonna wanna watch your step with this guy around. Look at this guy, blissfully unaware of the worlds problems.
    I guess that's a privilege you enjoy when you yourself are the world's problems. Smug sunnuva gun.
    Can't really blame him for that stupid smile of his, though, you know?What kind of existence could be better than idly floating through scenic forests, attacking passersby and relieving yourself whenever and wherever you please?

[​IMG]

5. Lt. Action

#85 Lt. Action, Apr 23, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2015
    If you're an Android user AND Canadian you are, for the first time in your life, in luck!

WE'RE LIVE ON THE CANADIAN GOOGLE PLAY STORE!

This is the beginning of our soft launch endeavors and we will be posting up a link to iTunes once we're approved!

Please try out Beast Bound and let us know what you think!

6. Lt. Action

Where're all my Canadians at?!

We're very interested in getting people's impressions on the game! Letting us know what you think is easy! Here, I'll start;

"Wow, my dog was dying from an accute dog disease and, after I played Beast Bound, the cure came to me in a dream and now he's going to live forever. It's beautiful, don't change a thing, I'm naming my first born after Beast Bound."

See, easy-peasy!

If you end up giving it a whirl please let me know so I can send you a super official survey about the game!

7. WaveLightGames

WaveLightGames Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Just tried it on my Note 3. The combat doesn't seem to work. When fighting the first monster, it just goes straight to victory without any actual combat. Also, the twitter button causes the game to crash on my device. I left a good review for you guys ... want to support a fellow touch arcade member.

8. WaveLightGames

WaveLightGames Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Just some more info that might help you debug. My daughter played the game after I did with the female character and she didn't have that issue where the combat with the first few monsters automatically ends with a victory. She also said it was her new favourite game ... but as she's only 3 and half years old, I doubt we'll more feedback than that.

Perhaps the issue I ran into on Android has to do with my character. I chose the male character and left the name unchanged as Isaac. Hope that helps.

9. Lt. Action

Thanks for the feedback, WLG! (You and I, we're on an acronym-name basis now, hope that's cool, homie <3).

Your daughter's endorsement is all I need to push through the mire of stress and worry that is game development; thank you for having a daughter with such impeccable taste!

As for your the monsters not being in battle: that's not your bad, man, we've been struggling with that one for a while now. We keep shaving it down more and more and the bossman thinks he's finally got it cornered, which is great news. And indeed, we have confirmed that the twitter and facebook buttons are having issues which should be resolved with a swiftness. This one bums us out as we're missing out on fans that want to get down n' dirty with our social media.

In the meantime, though, pop on over to facebook if you'd like to share some more notes! It's the quickest and most reliable way for us to see feedback at the moment. If you're not the facebook type, no bigs, we'll see you back here on these fine forums later on!

ONE LAST THING! We'll be making a more formal announcement Monday but we are live on Google Play for ALL REGIONS! The update should be rolled out by now but, if not, just give it a bit more time.

10. Lt. Action

To whomever prayed to the "Youtube Gameplay Video" god last night, your prayers have been answered!

Youtube pioneer and maverick "ProAPK" has uploaded our very first gameplay vid!

Check it out IF YOU DARE.

11. Lt. Action

What does it take to make you all love Beast Bound?

It's chicken hats, isn't it? Gods, how could I not see it before, of course it is.

Behold. Bask in it and try not to weep too much, you don't want to look weak in front of the Chicken Hat.

[​IMG]

12. Lt. Action

A riddle: What do you get when you combine Lt. Action with an 18 hour shift that consists entirely of script writing for 13 plus characters?!

ANSWER: A TENTATIVE RELEASE WINDOW FOR BEAST BOUND! We've submitted to Apple and IT'S COMING SOON!

[​IMG]

13. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    hmm.. look forward to see how this game turns out :)

14. Lt. Action

To be totally honest, so am I!

We shall step up to Her Lady the App Store and prostrate ourselves and beg mercy. Sometimes she listens, most of the time we are crushed under foot. Join us, Ramza, join your Apprayers with ours and help us achieve glory!

15. Myndflame

Myndflame Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    I Praise the Sun to that.

*Praises the Sun*

16. tekchic

tekchic Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Female
    Software Developer
    Phoenix, AZ
    ETA on a US launch for this one? Looks like a lot of fun :)

17. Lt. Action

Ye, though I walk through the valley of silicon, I shall fear no one star ratings, for Myndflame art with me <3

KIND OF. ETA is a tricky acronym, isn't it? I can give you all the ETA's in the world, but they are worthless if Apple finds a hair in our soup and sends it back. BUT, since you asked so nicely and Lt. Action aims to please, we're HOPING for late next week, or late in the week of June 15th. Only The Apple knows.

Also, I really hope you enjoy it! We busted our collective buns on this for eight months straight (and I wrote most of the script in a solid 18 hours block earlier this week. @____@ *NOT RECOMMENDED*).

The most consistent feedback we get from people is that Beast Bound feels like a REAL game. I hope you find yourself to be in agreement! TELL YO' FRIENDS! PAST, PRESENT, AND FUTURE! ALL OF THEM! <3

18. Myndflame

Apr 18, 2013
    I already had to go through a denial for an update to Heroes and Castles 2.... If this happens again, so help me, I'm going to send Apple a bloodthirsty midget their way.
    Probably with Ornstein and Smough, too.

19. Lt. Action

You might wanna just go ahead and send the blood thirsty little guy anyway. KEEP APPLE ON THEIR TOES.

20. Myndflame

Apr 18, 2013
    Done did it.