Beast Bound: Chock full of Classic RPGness

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Lt. Action, Jan 21, 2015.

1. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    i prefer the model D, if he's gonna sell common stuff for uncommon prices, he's gotta sell the part, and D seems the most luxuriously successful seller type.

Also, best RPGS imo (hold your flames!) :
    FFVII for content, story and YES coolest protagonist ever
    FF-X for a good -sad - story
    Chrono Cross for alternate worlds, intro video music and a multitude of likeable PCs
    FFTactics for awesome story of morality and grey sides, plus tactics (duh)
    Nier for awesome sad story and music - just listen to Summer Snow and Shadowlord
    Castlevania SOTN for a whole genre inspiration
    Legend of Zelda Link to the past for Gameboy favorite!

(fire away, fire away)

2. Lt. Action

Lt. Action Well-Known Member

#62 Lt. Action, Feb 23, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2015
    Clearly ramzarule's impeccable taste has shunned you all into silence.

There is no shame in it for I, too, found myself in a four day long coma of complete awe.

Are there none among you who would rise and pit your opinions against our reigning champ? None who dare to blur the line between opinion and fact? I KNOW everyone one of you "knows" what the best RPG is, but I need to hear it from you.

Is it obvious that I'm buying time? Probably is now that I've said as much, eh? And, if you haven't caught on by now, well that makes you a little bit of a special snowflake.

ANNOUNCEMENT: Test Flight is currently undergoing changes. Much like the caterpillar in the legally acquired cocoon, Test Flight is adapting to new ownership under Apple and we're waiting to see what changes (if any) we will need to make in order to successfully push a build to our patiently waiting audience. This is what we in the industry call a "convenient excuse". Write that down.

If you're sitting alone in your dark room waiting on Beast Bound to swoop down and finally fix everything that's wrong with your life, now might be a good time to start a new hobby. I hear old people need help with a lot of stuff, you might even see a little something of yourself in the past experiences of our aged citizenship, find some answers.

Seriously, does a stranger on the internet have to tell you to honor the elderly? Call your grandpa once in a while, he ain't gonna be around forever.

3. Valentia

Valentia Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Jan 20, 2009
    Female
    Retired!
    California
    As an officially old person, I really appreciate this.

Now, go work on your game some more. And clean your room. :D

4. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    I'm going to ruminate a little on your question of RPG's and have an answer for you tomorrow when I'm at work since I've got too many kids running around me now and I've just seen your post. I'll let it simmer through the night like beans do in the oven of my stomach, just waiting to explode.

Sadly I think ramzarules got most of mine to the "T" but I'll try what's behind door number 3 tomorrow. Until then get some rest because God knows I won't with my 3 1/2 year old and my 10 month old (; love them to bits my little scented meat bags.

5. cofunguy

cofunguy Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2012
    Well it has to be the early RPGs...Wizardry!! Who can't laugh when you are attacked by coins and find no coins in the treasure?? And the ever popular teleport and randomize direction locations in the maze. Plus for those youngsters in the forum, we had to use actual graph paper. None of this auto mapping crap!! And grind away you did. Sure you could use spells to get down to spots and back but there was always the possibility of things going amiss. And then after doing wizardrys 1-4, number 5 was backwards,,you had to escape from the depths out!!! Too bad Sir-Tech went belly up, I think there next Wizardry would be awesome.

Bard's Tale is pretty close second, but Wizardry was the first rpg. Hard to let go of the first!!

Yes I know it isn't on any console (yes I know there were a few off shoots, but not even close to the original PC versions!!)

6. cofunguy

Sep 24, 2012
    Considering a good part of the United States Got hit with snow, sleet and/or ice, I think mention the word snow might get some bad reaction and a second round is just starting again on the West...enough said!

Regarding Testflight, the powers to be had released a announcement via the app that it would be done and there will be some modifications happening in the coming weeks.

7. jayzilla87

jayzilla87 Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2014
    I'll never be as funny as y'all, so I'll just have to ask you very boringly... Can I still apply for testing?

Btw if I ever need a funny writer I'll be sure to dial 'L' for lieutenant action.

(Was that funny? Cause I tried to...)

8. cofunguy

Sep 24, 2012
    I think this phrase might be appropriate : Don't give up your day job!!

9. Lt. Action

Hey, he can give up his livelihood for a doomed career in internet-comedy if he wants to! This is America!*

Jayzilla, we aren't officially accepting testers at the moment, but I hear SOMEONE'S private inbox on SOME SITE that we MAY OR MAY NOT BE ON RIGHT NOW is accepting messages from SOMEONE containing that very same SOMEONE'S device and email info, if you catch my drift. Quick pro-tip: Dialing "L" will only get you a condescending busy tone, I exclusively reply to summons via conch.

Also, I don't claim to have all the answers but I think, aconfusedkender, if the next time your sweet-peas start running amuck around the house, have them give Valentia a call to regale them with harrowing tales of yesteryear. And Valentia, if none of your tales qualify as harrowing, please feel free to lie; lying to children is an inalienable right that all elders should take liberal advantage of. I really feel like we're bringing hearts and minds together on this one.

*Everywhere on the internet is America. I don't see YOUR country's flag flapping in the e-breeze.

10. Lt. Action

If you were worried about where you were going to get your Type 2 Diabetes in Beast Bound, worry not! Nanny Cups here has your ever expanding back!

[​IMG]

11. Lt. Action

I turn my back for a measly 5 days and, when I come back, ya'll let the bustling, ultra-interesting, magnificent and pristine Beast Bound topic slip without so much as a blurb?

It's not me, it's you.

I am as disappointed as this guy looks.

[​IMG]

The only thing that could possibly console me at this point would be to share that we are revamping, polishing, and coddling our battle system into the ripe, mature mechanic that we hope to release with the game.

From the looks of this, I would say that maybe swords don't work so well on the rocky rube, our boy Rollem. CURIOUS.

[​IMG]

12. ramzarules

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    smacking a rock with a sword made out of a leaf.. not too smart, good for him that he's handsome (though not as much as me :p )

13. Lt. Action

Let it be known that no cartoon boy has ever been or ever will be as handsome as ramzarules.

Not everyone can make that claim, make sure you get it on your headstone.

14. Lt. Action

Alright, jeez, just calm down. I know you're all clamoring for every sweet little update, but ya'll are like animals!

It's like almost every time I post, A WHOLE ONE OF YOU has to respond.

It's like tinnitus but for my whole body.

Against my better judgement, I'll give you an update, but please take it easy with the feedback, myself and the TA servers can only bear so much.

Let's all give a cautious, no-sudden-moves welcome to our first monster in the spotlight; the ever irritating Leerdrop!

These little weirdos covet butterballs (literal wads of butter) over all else. Well, they like stealing, too, 'cause... you know, they can't just get jobs and BUY butterballs.

We're also not sure where they're getting their scarves, but we can guess.

[​IMG]

15. lexicagames

lexicagames Active Member

Mar 11, 2015
    London
    Free or not, it looks really good! I can't wait to try it out.

16. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    I didn't forget about you Tony Triggerpull!!!

Just been busy IRL and waiting patiently for your updates on progress. Still waiting to check this beast out!

17. ramzarules

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    Is it wearing the butterball for a head?

18. Lt. Action

[​IMG]

I think you might be onto something there, ramzarules. To be totally safe, you might want to destroy your phone and dye your hair (and your dog if you have one) a different color.

You just never know with these things.

Also thanks, lexicagames! As fellow purveyors of adventure titles we are tickled that this captures your interest <3

And we have not forgotten about you, aconfusedkender; your ever present gaze burns into us like the peeping stare of 1,000 voyeuristic suns. We know that you're out there, we can't help but feel it.

19. Lt. Action

Go ahead and unhinge your jaws like the insatiable content-snakes that I know you are because I've got a shiny new treat to jam straight down your gaping maws!

What do you get when you cross a run of the mill weed with aggressive stupidity?

Why, this territorial little sucker right here! Meet Dewfus, he's the kind of guy who hangs out in the same spot everyday, taunting you with low-brow insults (maybe some superficial observations about what you are wearing) and, when you go over to politely ask him to stop, attacks you viciously.

You know the type.

[​IMG]

20. ramzarules

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    i laughed a lot with the content-snakes! I have never been called that though i suppose i am, but seriously.. nothing that wears a moustache on top of its head can judge me!