Beast Bound: Chock full of Classic RPGness

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Lt. Action, Jan 21, 2015.

1. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    untitled.png

Just kidding man take your time guys!

2. Lt. Action

Lt. Action Well-Known Member

Oh, you know that we will.

We are SO serious about taking our time, in fact, that we have decided that we must suspend all future applications for testing so that we can focus our efforts 100% on development.

Don't go and pour yourself a big bowl of Boohoo's just yet! If you have already applied, we will get you in and, if you WANT to apply against all odds (and suspensions) PM me directly and we'll talk!

3. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    personally, i find the art style "too cute and young-ish" Especially with the rosy cheek circles thing.

HOWEVER if the lines in the game are written in the style of your responses, i will buy it just for this. This world needs good humor, hugs and "don't take everything too seriously", especially in gaming.

4. Lt. Action

#44 Lt. Action, Feb 11, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2015
    You bet your candy-sweet caboose, ramzarules.

My words shall wriggle right off of the screen and into your eye balls, striking you square in the humor-receptors of your brain (while brushing liberally past the pleasure sensors <3).

You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll lose sleep, you'll wander the hills in a fugue state, and you'll wake up one day with no recollection of who you are or the life you lead, and you won't regret it one bit.

5. aconfusedkender

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    So this game is like Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

I CAN"T WAIT ANY LONGER!!! Please take my mind on a magic carpet ride just like the Aladdin video a couple pages back :eek:
    But I don't want to be the princess...yeeeaahh you can be the princess

6. cofunguy

cofunguy Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2012
    Wait, for those older people, it is

" you'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll kiss $5 goodbye!! " ....Hardware Wars

7. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    i was reminded of Blind Guardian's Journey through the Dark actually :)

8. Lt. Action

#48 Lt. Action, Feb 13, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2015
    Bad news, friends.

As plans often go, our plan to bring you a build this week has gone "awry".

Turns out the process of exporting to external testers is different than how we've been currently handling sending out builds.

In layman's terms, I have failed you and am suffering from a chronic case of deep-shame.

The good news is that we'll get this wrangled soon! The bad news is "soon" doesn't mean "now". I will be back with my enormous tail between my legs to inform you as soon as we've got this sorted out.

On my way home this evening I shall pull off at the largest intersection in west Omaha and bear my bare cheeks to the crisp night wind. This is your opportunity to drive by and redden the caboose of a developer who has wronged you, I dare say you will not get this chance again.

See you tonight!

9. rittchard

rittchard Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2011
    Wait a sec isn't this the plotline for Fifty Shades of Grey?

10. Lt. Action

It's me! I'm back here again in a full-hearted attempt to pretend that I didn't let you all down!

How am I going to do that you would ask if this were an in person dialogue and not a static post on the internet?

WHY, BY LETTING YOU LIVE OUT A FANTASY WHERE YOU HAVE CONTROL OVER A GAME DEVELOPER'S INTERNAL DECISION MAKING!

[​IMG]

Meet our Sales Automaton, Model 925! A mysterious mechanical man that will appear in game and possibly attempt to sell you common goods at uncommon prices. But why?

So many questions surround ol' 925. Questions like "what color do you prefer?"

11. Lt. Action

My day to day makes our old pal "Fifty Shades" look like a Dr. Seuss book. Put that in your mind-oven and let it bake for a bit.

**Visit the bottom of Page 5 of this discussion for a visual treat beyond your wildest imaginings!

12. Valentia

Valentia Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Jan 20, 2009
    Female
    Retired!
    California
    A BG reference in an RPG thread! My day is officially made!

13. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Stumbled upon this thread, as I'm an RPG lover. However, I'm short on time to finish most RPGs. In fact, I've hardly touched many that I've purchased. Or I put a little time into some and transfer saves.

Anyway, all that to say, if you release a premium and freemium version on the App Store, then you'll be able to reach those of us who want to buy these kind of games whether we'll play them now or not. However, if it is indeed free to download, I probably would skip past it since I have many $5-20 RPGs that I've yet to finish.

Just my opinion. Hope the best for you guys and that cute beast of a game!

14. Lt. Action

What if I promised you, curtisrshideler, that our free RPG will prove to be a life changing experience!

It's the truth! When you download and play Beast Bound, you're life will never be the same. From a factual standpoint, your life will be different than it was before you played Beast Bound. You cannot go back to the way things were before you played Beast Bound, because, after you play Beast Bound, your life will from that point on be post-that-time-you-played-Beast-Bound. Following your decision to try Beast Bound, every decision you make for the rest of your life will follow that one magical moment where you put everything on hold just to get that one sweet, succulent taste.

Was that seven? They say it takes seven repetitions to remember a name.

A name like Beast Bound.

There we go.

15. cofunguy

cofunguy Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2012
    Okay I remembered your name Lt. Action!!! ;P

16. Lt. Action

This is no surprise, my name is as the iron brand that burns directly into your brain meat upon its first utterance.

For better or for worse, NO ONE FORGETS LIEUTENANT ACTION.

17. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    If nothing else, that was a quite entertaining read! Haha. Well done. Even if I don't play, I may just download it anyway! What's the game called again? ;)

18. aconfusedkender

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    Me personally I like the picture D because he/it looks more like a cheesy business man in my opinion. I mean I wouldn't buy from someone dressed as such, especially a robot, but I think he fits the mold well enough. Now back to work Tony Flamingo!

19. Glenn42

Glenn42 Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2012
    Personally, I think B looks the best. It's kind of like Fuller Brush Man meets Tony Manero (John Travolta from "Saturday Night Fever").

20. Lt. Action

The only dancin' this one is gonna do, Glenn, is an unnatural waltz right into your deepest fears.

A question: For those of us who cannot let go of the past, those of us who in defiance of all games released post 2008 and cling to the ideal that "Super Nintendo RPGs WERE THE BEST... AND MAYBE SOME OF THE PLAYSTATION'S, TOO... AND MAYBE A PS2 GAME HERE AND THERE", those of you who feel that contemporary RPGs have lost all panache, this question is for you.

What is your favorite RPG and WHY? Really why. When you blow into the cartridge or buff the scratches from the disc one last time, what is it that sticks with you the most?